Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New user

Default New user

I've downloaded Run8 to USB drive and installed it, how do I get it to run? When I go to the Windows directory and access Run8 there is no start menu for the game. Please help

Have you gone and read what is available in the manuals and on the run8studios site for help or would you like all of us to do your leg work first.Start with the BASICS tab on the run8studios website then by all means come back and ask for help if stuck.

http://www.run8studios.com/overview.shtml
    Work Safe play hard

Be sure to go into your Run 8 Studio folder and look for the xnafx31_redist file and run that. Usually you can click on START, ALL PROGRAMS and you should see the Run 8 button.

The file was nowhere on my hd when I did a hardrive search so I had to download it from the net. I hope this works.

When I downloaded Run8 application and installed it and after reading the directions on the website I did everything as directed. It seems that the "xnafx31_redist.msi" was nowhere to be found anywhere not even on my hd. Could it be that I got a bad download? How do I get a fresh copy? Still am unable to run the sim.

From my experience rarely is a bad download. If was a bad download you would not be able to run the program and install the product. In most of cases is a deffective installation, caused by user operation, or Windows features or Antivirus features.

First off, try to follow the directions on the website and re-install Run8 in your computer (not in your USB drive, for now).
    You can use the default directory:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Run 8 Studios\Run 8 Train Simulator

Or else, I suggest to install out of Program Files folder, you can try this, for example:
    C:\Run 8 Studios\Run 8 Train Simulator

Run the Installer "as Administrator", otherwise you may think you have installed successfully, but in fact you have not! Some files might be not copied to the destination folders.

After that, search in your computer for the Folder "\Run 8 Studios\Run 8 Train Simulator", and look for files like:
    Run-8 Train Simulator.exe, the executable: you can create a shortucut/icon for faster lauch (right click with mouse and send it to your Desktop). To run it you also need to run "as Administrator".
    xnafx31_redist.msi

If it worked, you can move or copy further the whole "Run 8 Studios" directory to another folder ou driver (like the USB you mentioned).

Cheers,
    Doc.
    Last edited by MachinistBrazil; 09-06-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Where is the redownload prompt on the website? Am unable to find it

Just sent Run8 email requesting re-download. Thank you.

DID YOU when you got the e mail with the link DOWNLOAD IT TO YOUR COMPUTER FIRST then BACK IT UP then run the installer.
    Work Safe play hard

From his other posts, it seems he bought Needles but does not have Mojave. Needles does not include the basic sim program, only Mojave has that.