Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: refuelling/DPU

Default refuelling/DPU

Hi guys I am loving this sim and have spent hours playing and learning it but I just can't seem to refuel or increase the power on my DPU's. I have tried ctrlF and ctrlR aswell as shift with the engine on and off in both cab view and trackside but it doesn't seem to refuel. Also I can put the fence up on the MFD and then decrease the DPU throttle but I cannot increase it or have the selected DPU enter dynamic braking once I have decreased the throttle to idle. Am I doing it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by cad913 View Post
    ctrlF and ctrlR aswell as shift with the engine on and off in both cab view and trackside but it doesn't seem to refuel.
    To refuel... Go to the ground view (F12), click on the engine to open the Unit Options screen, keep this screen opened and then hit LeftControl+R.

Also I can put the fence up on the MFD and then decrease the DPU throttle but I cannot increase it or have the selected DPU enter dynamic braking once I have decreased the throttle to idle. Am I doing it wrong?
    If you have RD use the blue rocker (2-way) for the combined throttle for DPUs when fence is up. If not (from "Run 8 Default Key Chart", in the User Manual):
    DPU Controls
    B: Access MFD DPU monitor
    Shift + [ Moves DP fence left
    Shift + ] Moves DP fence right

Shift + : Decrease DP throttle – Also Decreasing said DP throttle past idle sets up DB
    Shift + “ Increases DP throttle

Cheers,
    Doc.
    Last edited by MachinistBrazil; 09-09-2013 at 07:03 AM.

Thank you, I can refuel now but had to remap my DPU throttle keys to increase/decrease their throttle, I still can't seem to get them to enter dynamic braking but shall keep trying.

Thank you, I can refuel now but had to remap my DPU throttle keys to increase/decrease their throttle, I still can't seem to get them to enter dynamic braking but shall keep trying.
    Some foreign users (related to USA) may have problem with their local country keyboard layout. That's my case, my keyboard layout is Brazilian, it's very different of the USA keyboard layout so that the position of keys are the same but the key's names are totally different. Due to this, on yesterday I checked your keyboard layout (UK, once your location is UK in your profile) and it looks like the same of USA-English. Anyway you might check it here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/goglobal/bb964651.aspx

To use the DB in DPU's you have to use another button called "SET". I don't know what it is in keyboard once I have RailDriver. Check it out in the Manual.

As far as I know the US use the same keyboard as the UK bit I will look into the set button for the DPU, thanks again mate

As far as I know the US use the same keyboard as the UK bit I will look into the set button for the DPU, thanks again mate
    I totally redid my controls to what I'm used to, but I never did find or change the DPU dynamic brake mode setup button, but it seems to have automatically assigned it to Left Shift + *normal dynamic brake key*, in my case being Left Shift + >. (Just sayin, you might find it, but if you don't, it should still work.)
    But does it have field shunts?

Quote Originally Posted by pschlik View Post

I totally redid my controls to what I'm used to, but I never did find or change the DPU dynamic brake mode setup button, but it seems to have automatically assigned it to Left Shift + *normal dynamic brake key*, in my case being Left Shift + >. (Just sayin, you might find it, but if you don't, it should still work.)
    For those using RailDriver the blue buttom #28 works as the DB "set up" position (from power to DB, and vice-versa) and it's required to use DB to control DPUs (in cut-in or rear engines consists) when fence is up. I don't know if it's needed for keyboard users, though.

Cheers,
    Doc.
    Last edited by MachinistBrazil; 09-10-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MachinistBrazil View Post
    For those using RailDriver the blue buttom #28 works as the DB "set up" position (from power to DB, and vice-versa) and it's required to use DB to control DPUs (in cut-in or rear engines consists) when fence is up. I don't know if it's needed for keyboard users, though.

Cheers,
    Doc.
    My keyboard is set up to use the Run8 default keys. The keys which put the fenced DPUs into dynamic brake mode setup are the LEFT SHIFT key together with the forward slash (i.e. the "divide") key in the numpad keys. This key combination is also used to take the fenced DPUs from dynamic brake mode B0 to idle.

RjB

After playing about I also found that left shift plus the forward slash key worked. The instructions that I read said the dynamic brakes for the units after the fence will initiate when decreasing the throttle past idle. I may need to invest in one of these raildrivers, I have heard good things about them.

Other than Run8 probably the best thing I've ever had for Train Siumulation. Both I can't see going back to anything else. In the case of RD it is also something you can use on most if not all simulators.

Thanks

Sean