Thread: How to start an AI Train using Location Event ?

Default How to start an AI Train using Location Event ?

Hi all,

I am playing MSTS over ten years and most of the time manual heated German Steamtrains from German Railroads.
    My favorite tracks are actually the German Railroads: Rollbahn The Emslandstrecke, The Werratal and Moeselbahn without overhead. I am still stucked to MSTS because the RS2013 has no proper steamsounds at all

I am quite rarely posting an issue or item. But I have a question right away

I am developping an creating some acts in MSTS and I want to know how to use location event due to start an AI trains when passing that particulair location point?

How do I do that?

Someone help me out.

Regards,

Ia ora na.
    Location (as well as time or action) events only concern the player's consist (and even not in ITR).
    how to use location event due to start an AI trains
    Do you want your (player's) consist to start an AI consist when you go through a location event? It's not possible. All AI traffics are determined by their own path (with waiting points) and service (with arrival and departure times); the only link might be a signal: your consist may clear a signal which will release the AI traffic.
    Good luck and good activity.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ken.plaza.9"]My Facebook Page
    [/URL][URL="http://jeffreywimberly.proboards.com/"]Rails of the World Forum
    [/URL][URL="http://frankoburns.proboards.com/"]Mophouse-MLTDownloads Froum[/URL]

OK, So this is a great lack in MSTS

Now how do I change/clear a certain signal using Location Event?

An other issue: how to interact with AI traffic?

I have tried to figger this out but no succes at all.
    How do I order/program an AI train to drop off or pick up couches, waggons or (non-working) loco's.

Planned act: (numbers are fictional)
    Train D123 with 7 coaches 100 - 106 enters Station X. The player loco is waiting on the loco spur or siding spur.

The AI train divedes now into two trains.
    The AI train D123 with coaches 100, 101, 102 and 103 and depart from the station.

The player loco reversed and picked up the coaches 104, 105 and 105 in order to maintain the trainservice into an other path/routeset.

How do I achive this actions in MSTS?
    Last edited by rcdevisser; 09-17-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    My engines runs on water. Just boil it.

Hi,
    How do I achive this actions in MSTS?

It's a nice idea, but, unless I've missed something, you can't get an AI train to uncouple/couple stock! (but wait for Open Rails )

Don't forget that MSTS is a 12 years old program and there are many things we would have liked included, but it'll never happen

Cheers,
    Ged

Last edited by slipperman; 09-17-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Ia ora na.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdevisser View Post
    Now how do I change/clear a certain signal using Location Event?
    Those are two separate systems: signals have no influence on events, and events have no influence on signals.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdevisser View Post
    The AI train divedes now into two trains.
    The AI train D123 with coaches 100, 101, 102 and 103 and depart from the station.
    Sorry again. An AI train can't split itself; you should couple with the complete AI consist, and then, when the AI train has become a part of your consist, you can uncouple some cars from your consist.
    To say as Ged said (just with other words) Dura lex, sed lex.
    Happy travels with MSTS.
    Last edited by xylonakau; 09-18-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Hi all,

OK I am creating a specific D-train F-train which has ran from the early 50's untill they closed down in the 80's they ran between "Hoek van Holland (London) via Utrecht Bad Benthein - Rheine - Osnabruck - Bremen - Hamburg, and further up to Copenhagen, Berlin Warschau and Moscow.

I am recreating these trains as an event between Osnabruck and Bremen v.v. using German Railroads to havbe these later on online for other to have a lot of fun with it. The 1st part is ready And I will manage to create the whole route as far as possible using all (partial) available routes.

I hope to put these activities online via the trainsim.com download library and I espect to have the 1st route online somewhere in Oktober 2013
    My engines runs on water. Just boil it.