Thread: Afternoon traffic entering Barstow Yard from Cajon Sub

Default Afternoon traffic entering Barstow Yard from Cajon Sub

They are short trips, but they certainly fill up a yard fast and give my yard crews plenty to work on. All trains shown here were randomly generated through waybills using RTS software under development. Enjoy!

12:56 Looking back from the conductor side of M-LACBAR01-30 with leader 7503 on the Cajon Sub before entering Barstow at Valley Jct.

13:00 last look behind our train at Valley Jct. as we cross under the Cajon Sub

13:02 to 13:09 M-LACBAR01-30 entering Barstow Receiving yard

13:18 As the last quarter moon sets on another fall day, M-LACBAR03-30 with leader 7557 is the next one to arrive on the heels of his bigger brother

13:21 again a short trip. Luckily the LACBAR's are for the most part empty but some like the WCLBAR is mostly loaded. This hill is a good little dip to get under the overpass.

15:31 Similar to the 1st shot but this time SDGBAR-30 showing his conductor's view out the window

15:36 The Daygo SDGBAR-30 just clearing the switch of the Cajon Sub main

15:46 As the sun starts to fade on another day from the tower. Receiving now has 2 tracks storing, and 7 trains waiting to be switched out for other locations (eventually humped)

Thanks

Sean
    Last edited by SurvivorSean; 10-01-2013 at 03:32 AM. Reason: fixed image code

Great shots .... Can't wait to get into this

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

What does a yard that full do to frame-rates?

Ken
    Ken

Intel i7 920, Asetek 570LX liquid cooler, GeForce GTX 285, EVGA X58 mobo, 6MB DDR3 RAM, WD5000AAKS HD, Corsair Obsidian 800D case

I've been in sessions in DAMS Server with the Receiving Yard about 50% full, and my FPS is dropping from 45-55 (I use to play locked to 30, but I set unlimited to check) to 16-20. Nice to see, but terrible to play... even worse at night with headlights on. And my rig is not a bad one!

Doc.
    i7 2600K CPU @ 3.4 GHz (8 CPUs) - 8GB RAM 667MHz - NVidia GeForce GTX 460 1MB - 21' Monitor (1920x1080) - Auzentech X-Fi Forte 5.1 - RailDriver - Run8 Beta Tester.

30 actually works quite well on my medium end locked. I do get the odd drop but really smooth. Now I never ran MSTS on this system, so it's perhaps not fair to compare. But I find it almost perfectly smooth at 30 FPS.

I'm thinking perhaps the frame drop is more noticeable on higher end perhaps? Also network lag could be an issue perhaps as this is what it looks like on the server.

Thanks

Sean
    Last edited by SurvivorSean; 10-02-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: thinking of FPS more