Thread: A look at the new data tags

Default A look at the new data tags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG6speyY8ek

As I was saying and can't say enough, I'm loving this sim with each and every new upgrade. This is a very short video at the very least that will highlight the improved data tags. Of course I couldn't resist to take full advantage of this new improvement, and RTS is certainly in the better because of it.

Those who have the beta version of RTS will even appreciate this change as it allows you to view the old waybill numbers. Unfortunately you will need to still use a switch list.

The latest build of the developmental version (not released but live on display at my server) made a significant yet small change to the code last night. What I did was take the already present random consist generator and simply add in the destination tags to it. Before the latest Run8 update this would not have worked as they didn't save. Car numbers I could care less about saving and to be honest this is actually getting me away from switch lists as well.

The cars will always appear in the same order as the waybills. What is random is the occasional foreign unit that shows up, as well as changes to the reporting marks (railroad or company) of the actual car. On occasion waybills don't fill an order for smaller industry blocks thus the makeup will look different.

Looking forward to filling up Barstow again. Would much rather save some paper and switch in the sim like the latest Run8 update has provided.

Thanks

Sean

Yes we crashed and blew up trains and the tags stayed.
    Work Safe play hard

Funny thing is Run8 has been so stable lately I forget the last time I had to restore something. Just keeps getting better all the time.