Thread: Foreign Language Format & Stars in the Sky

Lightbulb Foreign Language Format & Stars in the Sky

Due to a John's tip on the other Forum, only today I found why I ever saw very few stars in the sky (like if there was a light fog or pollution in the air): it's due to my foreign language (Portuguese) that has the comma "," as decimal separator (International Metric System).

For the skydome effect with stars Run8 uses a type of file called "csv", which usually uses point "." as decimal separator (Imperial British System). These files are not being converted to local/regional languages' format that use the metric system, so that only the stars that don't have decimal values are loaded on the screen (this is probably the reason why I was used to see only a few of them, and not much brilliant).

To run around the issue, people who has languages that use the comma "," as decimal separator can set temporarily the Windows to read the formats in English (American), before playing Run8:
    Open Control Pannel.
    Select Display Language.
    In the (first) Tab "Format" select English (American).
    After you have played Run8 re-select your native language.

The verbiage varies, depending on Windows versions and local language, but it's something like I said above (with my Windows 7 in English).

It's a bit inconvenient, but I say is wonderful to see the sky really full of stars shining, many of them blinking, amazing!

Cheers,
    Doc.
    Last edited by MachinistBrazil; 10-08-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    i7 2600K CPU @ 3.4 GHz (8 CPUs) - 8GB RAM 667MHz - NVidia GeForce GTX 460 1MB - 21' Monitor (1920x1080) - Auzentech X-Fi Forte 5.1 - RailDriver - Run8 Beta Tester.

Wow never knew you had that issue, interesting.

As I eluded to in another post just now, the night is fun to run especially with the signal modifications. If you guys are running on actual dates like I am you'll start seeing overcast and eventually fog come into play again. For most of the summer it was nothing but clear skies, but I did have overcast a couple days ago. Those are nights where you see nothing but black.

Thanks

Sean

Good News (sorry for not posting this before):

Since the November upgrade the issue was fixed, therefore, Foreing Language users no long need to change their native language format in order to see the sky plenty of stars! Thank you very much, John!

Enjoy,
    Doc.
    Last edited by MachinistBrazil; 12-19-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    i7 2600K CPU @ 3.4 GHz (8 CPUs) - 8GB RAM 667MHz - NVidia GeForce GTX 460 1MB - 21' Monitor (1920x1080) - Auzentech X-Fi Forte 5.1 - RailDriver - Run8 Beta Tester.