Thread: Speedometer flickers

Default Speedometer flickers

Hi all, when I throttle up or down, the speedometer (see below) starts to flicker. Is this a bug or something?

Maybe, but it also could be realism. I personally like it to see it. Sometimes it seems to coincide with wheel slip.

Do you notice when this happens if the frame rate dips. Brian

What actually flickers?
    Is it the whole speedo, the full digital readout, or the figures after the decimal point?

Bruce
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

The full digital readout and the figures after the decimal point <-- This is whenever I throttle up or down

At times also when the fps dips.

Quote Originally Posted by csx8851 View Post
    The full digital readout and the figures after the decimal point <-- This is whenever I throttle up or down

I wouldnt worry about it.The same thing happens to me at times when I am running scenery-intensive routes with many AI or loose consists.Your computer{like mine}might be a little underpowered. Brian

Quote Originally Posted by csx8851 View Post

Okay.
    Yep...I experience that too on most digital displays and just put it down to the possibility that the program is trying to update the decimal display on a very frequent basis.

Either that or it's a loose connection in the speedo.

Bruce
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Also,one more thing.Do you get a wheel slip alarm and warning message when this happens ? Brian

I get wheelslip EVERY time I go from Idle to N1 when all my air is released....not related to the speedo flicker.