Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing Train Sim Modeler into 64-bit OS

Hi,
    I've been in touch with the author, Louis Sinclair; he is having talks with Abacus with a view to re-introducing this tutorial.

tocopixel : I have also posted details on the UKTS and TSSH forums. Abacus wouldn't be able to implement this solution - it really requires the installer to be changed to the 32-bit version.
    I'm sorry if you don't understand the procedure, but if you have TSM and want assistance, please send me a PM and I'll work through it with you

Cheers,
    Ged

Ged,
    Thank you for the offer, and I will get back to you on it shortly.
    In the meantime, let me ask one more question: When TSM first came out, I seem to remember that Abacus issued an update that in some manner changed the original program to version 1.1. If I were to delete what ever there is on my machine so I could reinstall TSM from the original CD, where would I find the update to get me back where I should be?
    Thanks,
    Paul (CMO)

Hi Paul,
    As far as I know, there is no legitimate source for the update to v1.1 The only one I saw, some time ago, was actually the full version 1.1 and not an update. I don't know what changed between v1.0 and 1.1, but maybe someone else will be able to tell us

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Paul,
    I don't know what changed between v1.0 and 1.1, but maybe someone else will be able to tell us

Cheers,
    Ged
    From the read me that comes with TSM 1.1

Major Changes since TSM Version 1.0

Enhanced Object Creation – Based on project type, the object is converted with no or little additional work to run with Train Simulator. Uses the templates in the \resources folder.

TSMLibrary – This new folder contains sample projects that you can use as a starting point for your own designs. Or you can use them “as is” by dropping them into your routes (for non-commercial use only). This folder contains the projects (*.dst) and any associated textures.

Resources – This new folder contains the templates for the various engines. TrainSim Modeler uses one of these templates to generate a locomotive that is ready-to-run in Train Simulator.

Textures – Add support for 1024 x 1024 textures and fix problems with textures smaller than 256 x 256
    Texture files - List both bmp and tga formatted textures
    Grid Size – the selected grid size is retained from session to session
    Printing – Add support for printing - commercial version only
    3DS Import – Add support for importing a 3DS files – commercial version only
    FSDS Export - Add support to export an FS Design Studio formatted file - commercial version only
    Snapshot – Add support to make bmp image of perspective view – commercial version only

Hi All,
    I know it's 7 years since I started this thread, but I've just found out that file is3Engine.zip is no longer directly available from the link I gave in post #1 (or, at least, I couldn't find it!).

Currently, the file is available here : http://toastytech.com/files/setup.html

Although it's no longer necessary to install TSM from its CD (as it's available as freeware (see 'Sticky' Train Sim Modeler)), it's possible that the same procedure could be used to install other add-ons which use the same 16-bit InstallShield installer.

Cheers,
    Ged

EDIT : Buried in the Forum that my original link now brings up IS a link to the above site for downloading is3Engine.zip.
    Last edited by slipperman; 08-06-2020 at 02:39 PM.