Thread: Having trouble exporting buildings.

Default Having trouble exporting buildings.

I have a quick model made in 3D Crafter. I have it textured, using 1 texture file. I used the wizard in 3DC to export to .igs and the texture to .ace. I then use the blueprint editor to export it into Railworks. The display name shows up on the list when I try to place the building, but the building is not visible. Would anyone be willing to take these 2 files and see if they can get it into Railworks? If they can, could they review the files and let me know where I went "off track"? Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Cwymth View Post
    I have a quick model made in 3D Crafter. I have it textured, using 1 texture file. I used the wizard in 3DC to export to .igs and the texture to .ace. I then use the blueprint editor to export it into Railworks. The display name shows up on the list when I try to place the building, but the building is not visible. Would anyone be willing to take these 2 files and see if they can get it into Railworks? If they can, could they review the files and let me know where I went "off track"? Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    hi, did you check at the bottom of the asset editor for errors? it will show you what it is doing, as it does it. use the asset editor then click on preview. wait until it finishes doing it's thing, then a second window. will open, showing the asset in the preview screen. if it shows up there, then it will show up in game good luck!

What was the exported object's name? If it doesn't contain LOD info, then it won't be visible.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Thank-You Nickol and Hack,
    Everything appeared okay when the asset editor exported the object and textures. I did try the "simplify setting" in the 3dc export lod's wizard and that did the trick. I also had an issue with the export location that 3dc exported to. 3dc exported to a provider folder called "developer", I then moved those files to my own provider folder and re-exported them and that is when I was finally able to pick the object in Railworks.

I have upgraded to 2014 and noticed the asset viewer is launched differently now, having little experience with the asset previewer, Can one make changes to the object orientation and save them from within that viewer? If so, how?

Thanks again,
    Chris