Thread: My Bullet Train

Default My Bullet Train

I didn't think this was possible even in Run8.
    Notice the speed:

Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

It is fun to run express trains. It is how I deal with the long stretches of nothing.

Reeves

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back in the old days (funny it's only meaning 1 year ago) before TMU, RTS programming a fast transfer train was often used to represent new stock from 1 yard to the other to build and save new trains. Of course now these programs assist or generate trains in the areas you need them so I haven't been at those speeds for a very long time. But I'll give you a little hint I've gone twice as fast as that screen.

Thanks

Sean

Yeah, I don't know how fast it would have gone eventually. I ran out of time, took the shot and exited the sim but she was still climbing at the time.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Any loaded train heading down a grade for some time would obviously derail at these speeds. You will find that the speed will reach in the 300's.

I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore and can use my own software (which wouldn't of been possible without TMU setting up a clone for me to copy) to generate whatever I need with all the loads, empties, and random waybills right on the train on entry. Even with the RTS-Hump it still takes me over an hour of switching each train at Barstow (better than 3 to 4 like it used to take flat switching the old yard). I have to take the power off and store it, no big deal. Humping out of the sim takes me 15 minutes. Then dragging it out of the RTS-Hump located on the big back lead past the east tower, and back down into the departure tracks. Finally after calculating the HPT from the 2 switcher engines I know how much power to bring over from the office, and the train is ready.

Thanks

Sean