Thread: WOS1 Asking for DVD to be inserted

Default WOS1 Asking for DVD to be inserted

I had not run the game for a bit and this morning it wanted me to insert the DVD in the drive before starting.

Is this normal?

I did upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1 two days ago. Could this be why?

Thanks

Jay

that could be part of it. i'm having the same problem and i too upgraded to windows 8.1.
    Tom
    I am no longer active.
    PM me if you have a specific question.

I have just reinstalled on Win 7 64 bit and it is asking for the disc to be in the drive before running the game. Suspect just good old copy protection, been so long since I ran it can't remember whether that was required under XP.

To Northern:
    Just started playing with WOS 1,2,3 and started on #1-PATH. It looks like you are correct on inserting the DVD to run a senario. I have XP (REFUSE to give it up!!!!!!!! screw Microsoft) and it requires you to do it just like the original version of MSTS-1 did until MS gave up the patch that eliminates the code to protcet the installation. The later versions of WOS have a registration key (God those number codes are always brutal) to release you from using the DVD.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by bootednancy View Post
    To Northern:
    Just started playing with WOS 1,2,3 and started on #1-PATH. It looks like you are correct on inserting the DVD to run a senario. I have XP (REFUSE to give it up!!!!!!!! screw Microsoft) and it requires you to do it just like the original version of MSTS-1 did until MS gave up the patch that eliminates the code to protcet the installation. The later versions of WOS have a registration key (God those number codes are always brutal) to release you from using the DVD.
    Doug
    The other alternative is to run this via Steam. WOS1 was released on Steam recently and you may be able to circumvent this entirely by running via Steam. I believe there is a patch to fix this in WOS1 if you purchased the DVD. With a little bit of googling of the Aerosoft site you may also be able to download this patch/fix for XP. I purchased my copy online and not DVD but I am running a newer Windows so YMMV but I was never prompted for a key.