Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Indian Railways Addons for Auran Trainz 2012

How many INDIAN ROUTES totally available for TRAINZ? PLEASE ANYONE REPLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Soumya.. View Post
    How many INDIAN ROUTES totally available for TRAINZ? PLEASE ANYONE REPLY.
    A tad impatient aren't we and immature shouting won't get you anwhere.

Anyhow in answer to your over eager question, AFAIK precisely one... the Darjeeling Himalaya narrow gauge railway. Not aware of or ever seen anything else for the sub-continent.
    Vern.

Indian only like old school MSTS.

Quote Originally Posted by peanutsQR View Post
    Indian only like old school MSTS.
    Very true, there doesn't seem much support or enthusiasm for Trainz, Railworks or even -lurking further up the forum - Open Rails from our Indian friends.

Maybe the price relative to the Indian/Asian economy but while true of Railworks, not sure why for Trainz as older versions such as TS12 can be picked up very cheap either from N3V or on Steam. Of course you need a genuine new copy to register and use the N3V Download Station which also requires a subscription to use effectively. A bit of a shame as there are plenty of interesting routes that could be built from India but it needs at least the range of scenery items that are in MSTS, to make it a worthwhile proposition. And more of the rolling stock and locomotives uploading to the Download Station which tends to be the Trainz "safe house", when it comes to getting content.
    Vern.

Vern, I don't know why with ORTS being free and TSRE5 there is not more interest from India?

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Vern, I don't know why with ORTS being free and TSRE5 there is not more interest from India?

Robert
    The familiar, I guess - which is why TBH if I fancy a dabble with the old stuff I still reach for the MSTS Editor although I do try and drive in OR, in so far as it works with British routes, signaling and motive power (I'm probably basing that on an old version not the latest one, though ).
    Vern.

There doesn't seem much support or enthusiasm for Trainz, Railworks or even -lurking further up the forum - Open Rails from our Indian friends.
    As far as concerned - Most of the Indian playing OpenRails/MSTS have no good interest in higher games like RailWorks, Trainz or TrainSimWorld. Making content for these are a bit tough than OpenRails/MSTS.
    None of them interested to join any community also like ET, UKTS or RWA as they are stucked in Facebook. Also prices are very cheap of these games on Steam and I wonder no one purchases it, but download it from torrent. Sad indeed. In short - In India, Players >>>>>> Content makers. Bad news is that due to piracy issues, many MSTS/OpenRails modelers have became dormant.
    I knew only a few guys are developing for RailWorks, some of them are also not interested to share their work due to community being rude in India.
    Last edited by peanutsQR; 05-11-2018 at 02:13 AM.

It looks like a bad converted model from MSTS to Trainz 12.
    http://indianrailwaysfan.blogspot.in...an-trainz.html