Thread: Up sd40-2 3593 military repaint

Default Up sd40-2 3593 military repaint

Good night guys!!!! I was wondering if somebody else has the same problem like me, because, i just already downloaded the UP SD40-2 3593 with military repaint, and, when I tried to run the engine on the MSTS the engine appears, but the cab's roof doesn't appear! And when I open the roof .s file on the shape viewer, a message appears

"RUN-TIME ERROR '9':
    subscript out of range

and the shape viewer closed! :/

What can I do?!

I want to run this engine!

Quote Originally Posted by Mockpeto View Post
    Good night guys!!!! I was wondering if somebody else has the same problem like me, because, i just already downloaded the UP SD40-2 3593 with military repaint, and, when I tried to run the engine on the MSTS the engine appears, but the cab's roof doesn't appear! And when I open the roof .s file on the shape viewer, a message appears

"RUN-TIME ERROR '9':
    subscript out of range

and the shape viewer closed! :/

What can I do?!

I want to run this engine!
    Well, I downloaded the engine and checked the shape file for the engine and the .S file for the FA shape and both are OK. The engine loaded up just fine in the shape viewer and the whole engine appears and runs in the sim. Don't know what to tell you..... No offense but how much experience do you have with MSTS and working with .S and Eng files??? The readme for the engine says you need to get the shape file for SLI BN SD40-2 #6782. You then need to rename that file to UP_SD40-2_3593.s. Then you need to use SFM and decompress the shape file and change SD40a.ace and SD40b.ace to UP_SD40-2_3593a.ace & UP_SD40-2_3593b.ace then compress the shape. If you didn't do any of these steps, then you are going to have problems. My apologies to you if you already know how to do all of this. Also, you could have just got a bad download. If you have correctly done what I've said, try to download the file again.
    Last edited by MSTS lifer; 11-15-2013 at 02:14 AM.

Yes, I have the SLI.BN and the sd40-2 6782.s file, I modify the .s file on the .ace lines UP_SD40-2_3593a.ace & UP_SD40-2_3593b.ace
    and still the problem! :/

the UP_SD40-2_3593FA.s file has a problem!!!!

Please, can anyvody knows the error?! :/

There isn't anything wrong with this locomotive's shapefile or the FA. You are doing something wrong when you edit the shapefile. Either you aren't following instructions on how to set it up, or you arent editing the shapefile correctly. You don't tell us what program you're using to open and edit the shape, or to decompress/re-compress it. How do you expect us to help if all your posting is "There's a problem, please help!" I had this engine set up and running within 5 minutes of downloading it and FOLLOWING directions. Kent pays attention to detail in his readme files and provides straightforward instructions. I've never had any problems with his work, so....
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

so sorry, I'm using the shape file manager. I edit the .ace files as the readme file says. I don't know why the shape file from the the UP_SD40-2_3593FA don't run

Again...There is nothing wrong with the FA shape. You don't do anything with it when setting up this loco! It has to be in the folder! Check your settings on Shape File Manager to make sure it is saving your finished shape (BN_SD40_2_6782.s from the SLI BN folder) in Unicode..SEE PIC..Theres only 2 image entries to edit. Re-compress after editing it. Then rename it as instructed.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

OK.... Chances are most of us have no idea what you did to eng file if you even messed with it...... Enclosed are the first few lines of the engine file for the unit. If your lines look NOTHING like this, CHANGE THEM to read what I listed. That I think should fix things.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you are using the MRL cab that came with it, try switching it out with one from SLI.