Thread: New Roads Problem.

Exclamation New Roads Problem.

Hi guys, just recently, i got the london underground northern line route. It said i needed xtracks and newroads. I downloaded both of them. Whenever i load any route, i get at least 200 error messages about missing shapes. All of them are roads. It seems like new roads deleted those ones. So when i load a route, i have to hold down the enter key until they disappear. Then about 2 mins, they pop up again. And i cant uninstall new roads!!! Any help??

It sounds like newroads was not properly installed.

Are you familiar with the Route Editor ? If so, open the route Editor and check that the newroads are listed. If they are not then have a look again at any installation or help file that cane with the newroads.

But (and this is very important) exit the Route Editor without saving anything, or you risk screwing up the route !

The error messages will pop up again whenever you leave one terrain tile and the computer loads the next tile.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmith98 View Post
    Hi guys, just recently, i got the london underground northern line route. It said i needed xtracks and newroads. I downloaded both of them. Whenever i load any route, i get at least 200 error messages about missing shapes. All of them are roads. It seems like new roads deleted those ones. So when i load a route, i have to hold down the enter key until they disappear. Then about 2 mins, they pop up again. And i cant uninstall new roads!!! Any help??
    There seems to be a problem with newroads:

Long shot, download and install the older mewrds.zip which however does not supply the textures used by them !

They were not listed. But is there any way to uninstall newroads? Or will it cause the route to not function?

Hi,
    No, the route won't work properly without them!
    Try this download : http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-in...rm_fileid=6254
    As downloaded, it is an executable - when you run it, it should install into the correct location/s, so long as your MSTS is correctly setup, regarding its Registry settings!

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi,
    AVG antivirus detects a problem with the Newroads installer on my PC even on old downloads on my PC.
    This is the case with the download from Uktrainsim and Steam4me.
    I add the Newroads installer to the exception list in AVG.

Geoff.
    Last edited by releismetrain; 11-20-2013 at 12:26 AM.