Thread: SFM Opening Trouble

Default SFM Opening Trouble

Hi everyone ...

Excuse me if i bother, i want to ask something about SFM (Shape File Manager) ...

I try open sfm25.hta and appear this warning 'sfm25.hta is not a valid Win32 application".

It's happen after i installed MSTS.

Its strange, because before i installed MSTS, i can open sfm25 normally in other folder with MSTS UTILS copied.

I have running anti-virus and defragment the drive. No virus dan no fragment, and sfm stay error.

Hi,
    I may be totally wrong here, but I believe an .hta file requires Internet Explorer to be installed - it doesn't have to be the default browser, though.

Cheers,
    Ged

From WhatIs.com http://whatis.techtarget.com/filefor...xecutable-file "HTA is a file extension for an HTML executable file format. HTA files are used with Internet Explorer 5 and up. HTA files use HTML syntax to create applications requiring only an additional header and the HTA extension to differentiate. Care should be taken with these files. HTA files are often used by viruses to update the system registry." What is your OS? Do you have Win IE installed? All this is covered in the Readme in the sfm25 ZIP file.
    Last edited by crstagg; 11-17-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    Charles

I just got the same thing, invalid win32 file. I been running sfm2.5 since it came out. All of a sudden its popping an error. I wonder if a windows update or ssecurity issue is now blocking this file. Either way, without sfm....my paint shop is shut down ; (
    Deanno
    "wiscentral"
    Formerly Closed Sceeter's Paint Shop

Checked mine this morning, and it is still running normally after the last round of updates, and a change to IE11.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Go to the SFM folder and right-clik the HTA file.select properties..look to see what it opens with...it should say opens with "Microsoft HTML Application Host" If it doesn't, you should be able to change to it. I run SFM on Windows 7 (Installed outside of the program files folder) with no issues and on another XP machine.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Thank you Frank. ....did I spell that right? I did discover internet explorer will open sfm too. I give your suggestion a try
    Deanno
    "wiscentral"
    Formerly Closed Sceeter's Paint Shop