Thread: Route For Baltimore Metro Subway Cars

Question Route For Baltimore Metro Subway Cars

I noticed the newest addition to the file library is a set of Baltimore Metro Subway cars.

Is there an actual Baltimore Metro Subway route, or should these be used on electrified routes?

Thanks,

Robert

As it stands, there's no Baltimore Metro route, much to my disappointment, heh. Just use em on an electrified route. I commonly use them on the DC Metro portion of the PRR Eastern/NEC V4. Wish there was a metro route though, as it's only 15 miles long, and about half of it is underground.

OK, thanks. Yes, I'd also like to see the Baltimore Metro Route.

Robert

8+ miles of urban scenery = lots more work than you'd expect.... probably six-8 months of development for someone experienced. Double that for someone inexperienced.

Ah actually the most the above-ground portion that I can recall gets, is sub-urban. The urban portion in Baltimore City is all underground. I'm no route builder, so I could be way off here, but I believe that's easier to make than above-ground routes portions.

Suburban is actually worse -- more small buildings vs a few large warehouses, apartment blocks, factories, etc.... I've got over 30 miles of suburbs on the CNW Harvard, and it has taken me years to get it filled in right. Vince is facing the same with the LIRR.

I would love to start working on a route after I learn the basics of developing, as I live in Baltimore...

Quote Originally Posted by Itasis64 View Post
    I would love to start working on a route after I learn the basics of developing, as I live in Baltimore...
    I did include a portion of the Baltimore Light Rail line in the NEC4. The line runs from near Baltimore Penn Amtrak station to Glen Burnie with a short branch to Baltimore Airport. There is a wye and some small industry at Glen Burnie.
    Enjoy!
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"