Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall Sale

Default Fall Sale

FWIW Steams fall sale has started.

Mountin Man Guest

Yep.

I have been waiting a while for the Surfliner to go on sale. This just made my Thanksgiving.
    Cloud Simulator 2k15

Looking at either GEML or Stevens Pass but Surfliner is bubbling under on the wish list too. GEML handy for UK assets but will be itching to ditch the supplied Class 360 EMU's with their pocket rocket aceleration and run some "classic" GE traction, Class 31 and Class 37 loco hauled. Also need some Class 305 and Class 306 EMU's (paging IHH... ).

OTOH I've a soft spot for long US freight routes too, especially those with long tunnels!

Guess whatever I don't buy in this sale will get picked up in the Xmas sale.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Looking at either GEML . . .
    GEML bundled with Class 90 now at 14.99 Vern - I've bought it.
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978

Quote Originally Posted by AlanCh View Post
    GEML bundled with Class 90 now at 14.99 Vern - I've bought it.
    That is the released in August 2013 route to Ipswich and not the one to be released ECML version to Peterborough ?

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post

That is the released in August 2013 route to Ipswich and not the one to be released ECML version to Peterborough ?

Correct. Looking forward to recreating the classic boat trains towards Harwich, single Class 37 on load 12 climbing Shenfield Bank. Hellfire!

Kings Cross to Peterborough should be good as it's a reltively interesting section of the ECML four track running for much of the length and plenty of tunnels coming out of London through the Northern Heights. Again however one to contemplate classic traction, i.e. Deltics retro-fitted with AP sound files. It's also a shame RSC didn't set the route a few years earlier as they could have included York road and the Widened Lines to Moorgate, including Class 31's hauling non corridor suburban Mark Ones.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    It's also a shame RSC didn't set the route a few years earlier as they could have included York road and the Widened Lines to Moorgate, including Class 31's hauling non corridor suburban Mark Ones.
    Or even earlier with condensing N2s hauling two quadart sets out of the hole! Now that was a sight.
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978

Blew my budget on GEML. Although it's not prominently advertised, there is a pack deal that comes up, which includes the route and Class 90 add-on for the same price of 14.99. That will be it until the Xmas sale, particularly as I'm still thinking about whether or not to pledge towards the N3V Kickstarter fund.

Thinking about the K4.
    Cloud Simulator 2k15