Thread: Run8 Newbie -Needle will not load correctly

Default Run8 Newbie -Needle will not load correctly

Anyone knows how come?

I had to reinstall Run8 and Needle after trouble with dispatcher in Needle first time. Now I get this problem? No trackage on Needle. THe other two seem ok.

131226-Needle Startup.jpg

If you get to load only Needles correctly, it means your route is OK. When merging routes, load first the Extraboard - BNSF Barstow, and only then merge Needles and Mojave (or Mojave and Needles etc.)

Cheers,
    Doc.
    i7 2600K CPU @ 3.4 GHz (8 CPUs) - 8GB RAM 667MHz - NVidia GeForce GTX 460 1MB - 21' Monitor (1920x1080) - Auzentech X-Fi Forte 5.1 - RailDriver - Run8 Beta Tester.

131226-Dispatch Panel after reinstall.jpg

Hmm....still can't get this right (I think).

I reinstalled all from scratch, this time I omitted the Needle upgrade from 10.03.2013 which seems to make even more confusion).
    1. Installed Mojave sub
    2. Installed Needles sub
    3. Installed upgrade 131217

Loaded Mojave with Extra borad BNSF Borstow and registered.

Then after merge I got the dispatch picture as shown.

Not sure what I do wrong.

When I loaded Barstow-Yermo there was no trackage. Loaded Mojave - trackeage ok. Loaded Needles trackage ok,

Well, above isn't exactly true. There seem to be trackage problems several places.

As for the dispatch screen hitting F3 several times then escape after a merge should give you the various routes.

You should be loading extra board from Barstow Yermo then merge the other two into it. Otherwise you will have missing track east of Barstow until about Minneola and west of Barstow on Cajon Sub.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by oudrun View Post
    I reinstalled all from scratch, this time I omitted the Needle upgrade from 10.03.2013 which seems to make even more confusion).
    1. Installed Mojave sub
    2. Installed Needles sub
    3. Installed upgrade 131217
    You have to install in this order:
    1. Mojave sub
    2. Needles sub
    3. Needles Sub upgrade Oct-03-2013.
    4. Latest Run8 upgrade Dec-23-2013.

BTW, and if you are going to re-install all over again, do not use the default System Folder "Program Files (x86)", install Run8 out of there to avoid headaches.

Cheers,
    Doc.
    Last edited by MachinistBrazil; 12-26-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    i7 2600K CPU @ 3.4 GHz (8 CPUs) - 8GB RAM 667MHz - NVidia GeForce GTX 460 1MB - 21' Monitor (1920x1080) - Auzentech X-Fi Forte 5.1 - RailDriver - Run8 Beta Tester.

I finaly got it to work. Not quite sure where I lost track on the previous installes. But nevertheless.. It running, merged and seems ok.

I made it before I saw your notice on std folder so I leave it "as is" for the time beeing. Beeing a programmer for several years now I simply don't wake up the bear while at sleep

Thanks for the all the help folks!!

RuO