Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Route will not appear in the game???/Wupper Route won't work

Angry Route will not appear in the game???/Wupper Route won't work

I di everything, it is in admin mone, and the installme is in admin, i have everyone on the users, and i have full control, still doesn't work. I also have the Wupper Route and I have both parts, that won' appear too?

The full path to the route please?
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES

Do you have an activity installed, you need one or more path files installed for any route to appear in the route selector in MSTS.

Paul :-)

Not all routes are plug and play. Due to the fact that there are so few people running default stock anymore, some route designers (including me) don't provide activities with a route distribution because it's too difficult to predict who has what stock...

Before a route will appear in the pick list, you'll need to create an activity via the Activity Editor using one of your own consists, and one of the supplied paths (assuming those are also provided -- if not, you'll need to generate one as well in the Activity Editor).

but there was an activity file i downloaded and installed from here

His FIRST problem is that he didn't install MSTS according to the tutorial...It's in his X86 Program Files Folder (98% of his problem)...so I doubt he followed any of the readmes with the routes.
    Last edited by frankoburns; 12-31-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Hi Frank,

My MSTS folder is in x86 as it would not work any other place even though I followed the tutorial.

If the activity file dan1 installed is an APK file and he just placed that in the Activities folder it would do nothing. First thing is to find out if Dan1 installed the patch for the tsunpack in the main folder's UTIL folder.

APKs used to work here just by double clicking on them and recently had to create a desktop shortcut and drag and drop the APKs on it to get then to install.

Paul :-)

At the moment I am not fluent on German, and the readme is on German.

Quote Originally Posted by danb1 View Post
    At the moment I am not fluent on German, and the readme is on German.
    Well, at least you can say to good o'l Frank that YOU READ THE README!!!!

Doesn't does us much good in the U.S. if there is not a readme enclosed in English. Again, this is a example I mentioned in a completely different thread that there are SEVERAL poorly written readme enclosed with the files. Weather it's in the U.S. or another country, PUT SOME THINKING INTO THE README when a file is uploaded on here.

And you can have MSTS installed correctly and NOT in the Program Files (x86) and still NOT have a route show up if there are no activities.
    Last edited by MSTS lifer; 01-01-2014 at 11:44 AM.