Thread: News about "Vermont Railroad System" Route project ???

Saguenay, QC, Canada [Milepost 201.4, CN Lake St. John Sub.]

Question News about "Vermont Railroad System" Route project ???

Hi,

Does anyone know if the project "Vermont Railroad System" Route is still active or this project (VRS Route) is dead ?

I know "Max Brisben" (ID: mbrisben) working on this project but the last update on this site is dated of June 4, 2010: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...hlight=vermont

And also the website "Northern Vermont Locomotive Works" (http://nvlw.webs.com) associated with this project is closed...

I really liked to see this VRS Route be completed !

Does anyone have news ?

Matthew
    MP 201.4 - CN Lake St. John Sub.
    Jonquiere, QC

I'm guessing that the project is dead if there have been no updates in almost 4 years.

I know Max has still been working on a route. He has posted some awesome screens over at ET (They are some of my favorites on there) and when asked about the route. He said it was called the Swanton Branch. Unreleased work in progress. Don't know if it is related or it is the route but sure does look like the terrain of New England.
    - Mark -

Last I knew, Max wasn't doing much MSTS wise, but I overheard he still had a copy of my Mountain Division route and had plans to do private work on that, so who knows..

Don't really know now, heard yesterday he was working on the Green Mountain Railroad that I laid tracks for a few years ago... maybe not though.

Paul :-)

I don't want to bring up that site again as I know it's bugging you how much I talk about it, but Max is once again active, but over at Elvas Tower as Mark put it. He's been posting some fantastic screenshots, including a custom repaint of a Central Vermont 2-10-4. I love his Swanton Branch and seriously want to run it as a rural branch somewhere in New York or Vermont. I wonder if he has any plans to re-release the Stowe Northern stock...

Swanton Branch sounds very interesting to me. That's the place where I did my first and only railfanning in the States.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Saguenay, QC, Canada [Milepost 201.4, CN Lake St. John Sub.]

Thank you for your answers !

Matt

Did hear from max yesterday and he s still working on the Green Mountain Railroad that I laid the tracks for a few years ago.

Paul :-)