Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gmax MSTS Plugin Error

Default Gmax MSTS Plugin Error

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded gmax and the MSTS Plugin from TurboSquid yesterday and when I went to run the MSTS Plugin, this happens when it opens. (NOTE) I haven't used gmax before and i haven't started or made any projects with it yet. I followed the instructions of the download tutorial step by step and this occurs. Can someon help me out? Let me know if you need my system information. Basic: Windows Vista Home Edition 64 bit service pack 2 and gmax is installed on the :C: drive.

Here's a screen of what gmax shows when opening from the MSTS plugin. Gmax version 1.2

Old railfans never truly die. They Just lose track.

Wish I could help but I'm trying to find the MSTS Gmax plugin myself. Microsoft took everything down Jan 1st - can't find anything on their site. Where did you find the plugin on Turbosquid? A search didn't reveal anything.

Hi ONRRailfan,
    Are you sure you've used the correct icon - it should be the Trainsim Gamepack one! Judging by the colour of your display, you've started the 'normal' Gmax, instead. You can tell if it's the right one because it has "Train Simulator" on the top row in place of "MaxScript".

Jasondial : you can get the plugin here : http://www.lvmauro.it/train_sim/MSTS.../gmax/gmax.htm

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 01-14-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Hi Slipperman,

This is from using the MSTSgamepack launcher.

Please confirm that the icon you are clicking on has the following properties (pathname may be different depending on where you installed it):

C:\gmax\gmax.exe -i gamepacks\trainsim\gmax.ini -p gamepacks\trainsim\plugin.ini

Simply running the executable won't do it.

I use GMAX for all my 3D building and am more than willing to help you get it set up....

Ken
    Manassas, VA

Thanks Ken I'd appreciate that. My Taget path is the same as you state.

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

did you put the MSTS game back inside the game pack folder inside the g max folder?

Robert

Thanks for the link slipperman!

ONRrailfan:

I used to have a laptop with Vista home running GMAX so I know it does work. I'm up on Win8 now with GMAX, so my memories of Vista are a bit cloudy.

After running the installation of the gamepack, confirm that you have a folder named

C:\gmax\gamepacks\TrainSim

This folder should have (among other things) a gmax.ini and a plugin.ini.

There should also be a "Trainsim Gamepack" shortcut file. Try clicking on that shortcut and let me know what you get.

Ken

Everything Listed in your instructions is what I have and results in the error screenshot below.