Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northeast Corridor, Inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetalborn View Post
    yea the original MSTS does have the most routes and trains and stuff but I hate the graphics and detail (unless there is a magical Graphics Booster)
    MSTS 2014 has amazing graphics but lack of modding correct?
    Trainz is a good program
    and i dont know much about railworks
    I agree with Vince (And Charles too because it can be a loaded question on here LOL). I can't speak for the other sims because I been running MSTS for years. Routes like Austin Yoder's Horseshoe Curve hit the area of today's version of the old PRR main right on the mark.

Other routes like Vince's NECv4 (Which I am running now here) is amazing. Also the vastness of the PRR-ER is awesome (Well for me) too if you like the run the NEC in the 1950's era.

And yes, Open Rails (ORTS) does give this old bird (MSTS) a new life.

Plus add-ons like all the NJT Comets from KLW and the Silverliners by Steve Thomas in PRR, PC, RDG and Septa livery really are amazing.

But to check out other sections of this forum about the other train sim software and add-ons would be a right thing to do. I can't remark on them because I do not know enough about them. But I am sure someone would help you out there. Maybe the other sims offer something more that you are looking for.
    I guess time to rework my spare time priorities now.... - Mark -

Ok I'll look into the NECv4, any videos or photos?

If you are a perfectionist, and like to "tinker" (translation - mod your routes from their original form), then have a good browse through the MSTS screenshot forum. You'd be surprised how much better this sim can look vs. the default CD's veriosn
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetalborn View Post
    Ok I'll look into the NECv4, any videos or photos?
    Search NECv4 in the MSTS Screen Shot Forum area on the forum. I am sure you will get some hits.
    I guess time to rework my spare time priorities now.... - Mark -

ok thanks!