Thread: Can I duplicate a route and session from one comp to another?

Question Can I duplicate a route and session from one comp to another?

I've been building a session for the Industrail route for a couple weeks now.

I got a laptop so I could take my game with me on the road.

I ordered a new copy of Trainz 12 for the laptop and it is build 46957 out of the box, wearas the build on the machine that has the route and session on it is the recommended; build 49922.

In user data, I found the saves for the session on the doner comp but I don't see where I could go to get a copy of the session that was created for the route before running that session. I also don't see where the route itself is stored for copying.

I tried to transfer the saved sessions to the laptop but when I go to the menu for saved sessions they don't even show up. I didn't think that, that would get me what I wanted but I thought that they would at least show up there and then fail to load.

Could I make a copy of the whole game and over wright the game in the laptop to duplicate what I have already put together on the original comp with the 49922 build?

I just went back to see if I could find the Patcher and I am patching the game on the laptop up to build 49922 to match the other comp.

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko
    Last edited by CWA13000; 02-19-2014 at 01:40 AM. Reason: More info

I think I just answered my own question!

I patched the game to build 49922 and I started the game and looked in the saved sessions menu box and all of the saved sessions appered.

I looked for the most recent save and clicked on continuing it and the darn thing started running my session. I find it hard to believe it is working. Early on in my session creating effort, I found myself in the situation where I only had the option of saving route and session and since I had put a lot of work into it, I saved it that way. I really try to not change the routes any when I am making a session but I made an exception in this case. I had the original route on the laptop from the DLS but since I had done the save route and session I didn't think this would work.

I guess I fell into the cesspool and came out a rose for a change!!!!!

Wild Willy the Wacko

Why did you buy a second copy for the laptop? If you have the DVD version of TS12 you can use that to install on both your computers, so long as the serial mumber is entered correctly it will then link to your Planet Auran account. I would imagine the D/L version works the same, just copy the install files across to the laptop and take it from there.

Vern --

Very true.

But with two copies he could play multiplayer with himself.

Phil

I bought a second copy of TS12 just so I could multiplayer with my youngest son. Rather than download all of that I just got the serial number, copied the entire TS12 folder from my computer to his over the LAN, then changed the serial number on the copy (in the launcher Options General CD key) and that worked fine.

Except for multiplayer, of course, it took two days to download all the updated files to get one session on one route to play for one hour. These days I'm doing Silent Hunter IV (WWII submarine simulator) multiplayer, it has a few quirks and bugs but they somehow managed to program it so that every file doesn't need to match exactly before launching. I've played many different multiplayer games starting with the original DOOM, never saw one that was as persnickety and tedious as TS12 multiplayer. I sincerely hope they get their act together for the next version.

Default Is that really you?

Jim? Jim "Sniper" Ward? Is that really you out there?

I was thinking about you a few days back, hoping you were OK.

And have you caught up with the latest Trainz craze - Model Trainz (full screen and HD):

And:

Yeah, I'm still alive, if you can call this living. No, I wouldn't really be interested in model trainz, I always liked simulation of "you are there" reality better. Why I mostly drive in the cabview, altho it seems kinda silly spending all that time reskinning. I bought Mike that "My First Trainz" set, and he played with it for a few weeks then went back to MSTS and BlockLand. I've been reskinning/modding/hacking Silent Hunter IV and playing/modding FPRPG games (similar to first person shooters but first person perspective sword and sorcery stuff, like Oblivion), stuff my 8 year old Dell can do without all the jerky animation. Again just my opinion, but JET was cruddy when it was brand new, they really need a GOOD game engine.

Funny Phil, I guess I do have a reputation for it!

Willy

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Vern --

Very true.

But with two copies he could play multiplayer with himself.

Phil

Question !If you are still out there Phil!

I spent about a year playing with that Appalatian Route and then I moved on and started playing with your route and you were right about it.

It is very playable and scenic and a lot of industries work real nice.

I got those C41s that Sniper reskinned. I drive the two rusty ones kind of at the same time and relegate the new shiny one to pull all my AI traffic.

I do have a little problem where one of my AIs keeps stalling out and one day I was investigating the problem and I noticed that there was a piece of elevated track missing in Surveyor between a track mark and the portal that I'm trying to send it to and I'm thinking that this is breaking the path to the portal??

When I notice a stalled AI, I just jump in and get it going and it will go to the portal like the track piece is OK for driving on, just not plotting a path through???

Willy