Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cab is Black!

Default Cab is Black!

Hi
    Just downloaded Version 5 and everything runs okay except I have a black interior. By this I mean, no dials, no levers etc. I can view outside from cab so am able to drive simulator but is there any way to get the cab inside showing the interior?
    Mike

Hi,

Could you share a screenshot of your cab interior?

And following the standard procedure, please make sure you have latest drivers installed for your graphics card.
    ZDSimulator Developer Team
    www.zdsimulator.eu

Here is screenshot :-

BlackCab.jpg

My problem may be due to the fact I only have an intergrated graphics card!

Mike
    Last edited by marcus1940; 02-26-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Try using Compatibility Mode (switched on in Graphics tab in Launcher window). See if it helps. Should do just fine with integrated graphics cards.
    ZDSimulator Developer Team
    www.zdsimulator.eu

Hi Kernell
    I have tried most things including compatibility mode but nothing seems to make any difference. I notice when I move outside the engine that the whole engine is black but all the carriages show colour!!! See attached screen shot. I run MSTS, Train Simulator and OR with no problems and usually I can solve most problems but this has me beat.It looks as though I will have to forget this simulator for the time being.

EngineImage.jpg

Try excluding ZDSimulator's path and sub-directories from an over-active antivirus program? I do this with all my train simulators so nothing interrupts loading the (many) files needed to make them work.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

Hi EricF
    Thanks for the idea which I have tried and still no joy. As I said previously I can run the three other simulators quite happily and I have also run Trainz 12 as well with my set up but no success with this one. Still it's not the end of the world and I can still enjoy my other Simulators.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is something odd with the graphics driver. What you're seeing is the shape/object mask, so it's trying to load but the textures are failing to show up. They may be loading but definitely aren't being displayed, so that usually leads to something going on in the graphics driver.

It's usually best to use the specific driver for your computer rather than the ones that Windows Update sends. So if possible, try re-installing the video driver from your computer's manufacturer. If it's a custom PC with integrated graphics, you might try the reference driver from Intel or whoever made the chipset. If you use XP, the 'generic' drivers from Windows Update are often a problem. If you use Windows Vista/7/8, the generic Microsoft drivers are better, and once in a while they'll work well for a system that doesn't seen to have any specific drivers available -- usually for older hardware that doesn't have a specific Vista/7/8 driver. Otherwise, try to stick with the manufacturer's driver that's matched to your computer.

ZDSimulator uses an OpenGL graphics engine, so if any newer driver updates mention OpenGL fixes or performance improvements, they might be part of the solution.

MSTS-Roundhouse

Info

I have checked my graphics driver and I am running the latest issued by Intel, Windows says I'm running the latest also. Trouble is my laptop is about four years old and running Vista home premium 32bit. The last driver that Intel issued for the mobile 965 chipset was back in 2009 (which is the one I have running) and I can't find anything later. it would be good if I could just say to my computer use OpenGL for this program but I have no way that I know to force that so I will keep a note of this simulator and, if, and when I can afford to buy a new computer I can have another go at it.

Hmmm... I have a laptop with an old Intel GMA chipset, probably around the same age. That chipset doesn't handle OpenGL very well; it would not fully load the OpenGL engine. So I only run ZDSimulator on my desktop machine.

In general, Intel graphics chipsets don't always handle 3D graphics engines all that well, depending on age and available drivers. They're mostly made for playback of media files.

MSTS-Roundhouse

Info