Thread: EMD SD70ACe caterpillar "the cat"

Default EMD SD70ACe caterpillar "the cat"

Hi guys! As much of you, I'm a collector of EMD locomotives, and I was wondering, if any of you have thought on design, using the SD70ACe streamlines shape file and make the repaint for the EMD SD70ACe 1201 Caterpillar "the cat". I never ask for this if I could have permission from streamlines to use there SD70ACe shape file and if I could know how make a repaint.

I hope someone, could make this repaint, cause this locomotive, it's very special with the Caterpillar colors.

Thanks you for see my post.

Grettings from Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockpeto View Post
    Hi guys! As much of you, I'm a collector of EMD locomotives, and I was wondering, if any of you have thought on design, using the SD70ACe streamlines shape file and make the repaint for the EMD SD70ACe 1201 Caterpillar "the cat". I never ask for this if I could have permission from streamlines to use there SD70ACe shape file and if I could know how make a repaint.

I hope someone, could make this repaint, cause this locomotive, it's very special with the Caterpillar colors.

Thanks you for see my post.

Greetings from Mexico.
    Someone was working on this unit, or was able to finish it...

I don't know if it was ever released, or where it was released. I would like to see it released also...In fact I recently asked about if it had been and where. Unfortunately no one answered back, even with over 377 Views:

EMDX SD70ACe #1201 CAT

The post that I made was because the original post was an old thread:

New SD70ACe project just begging to be done...
    Yardmaster of the Great American Moose Paint Shops.
    a Moose Interchange Rail Company division.
    http://mjrmstsrepaints.proboards.com
    TTFN!

It's so sad nne wants to make this repaint for the SD70ACe "the cat". It's a great paint for a great EMD loco. Also, I was wondering if someone also ready make the SD70ACe repaint with the EMDX colors (Dark blue, black and silver), this locos with those repaints, on MSTS will be amazing!!

So sad none wants this repaints.

Check the Mop House also known as MLT Downloads site for the cat unit. I think someone did a CAT EMD loco not long ago? Just cannot remember where I saw the darn thing? Might have even been either BCLW or Elvas Tower.

Robert

I couldn't find anything!! :-/

But any way, thank you very much for you help my Friend!!!!

Grettings!

Hello everybody!

I'm working on this locomotive (C.A.T.) The reskin will be based on the SD70Ace SLI textures.

I encounter somes difficulties with this reskin:

- The main light normally on the top of the front cab, was moved on the top front of the nose, like the GE ES44AC.

- The top of the cab is not the same with a little squarebox. it changed for a long rectangular rounded box.

Probably to correct these two modifications, I would have to build a FreightAnim shape to be in accordance with the reality,

- Somes bands on the main body seems to be very reflective, like chrome and change colors dependent of light. Others look white or light grey, probably both colors. I have to find the good colors to match with the bands.

- On the sides, there is a little "radiator', close the cab. The contour is the same color as the horns. In the reality it's different. I can't correct it, because I'm not the builder of this loco.

I think to post some screenshots this weekend of my work.

Have a nice day!

Yes please!! It's a great pleasure see someone repainting this beauty loco!! I'll love to see your screenshots from the CAT!!!

Also, as you tell, here in Mexico we have some SD70ACe with the frontal light on the top of the nose, and others on the top of the cab, also the cab radiator goes under the cab, and with a FreightAnim this elements will look great! The colors of the CAT are reflective, but, someone repaint the SD70ACe with the George Bush colors (UP 4747), and the colors on MSTS aren't reflectives.

So, I hope soon see your great work!!!!! :-D

Please, post it as soon as you can!! :-D

Thank you very much for share you amazing work!

Greetings from Mexico

Hi!

I post some screenshots of my project in an other topic in the section of Livery and Skinning - A more appropriate place for a reskin than here normally reserved to the 3D Designs.

Look here please:
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...10#post1839610

Thanks!