Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSTS Win 8.1 OpenRails

Have replaced these 2 switches with proper 6 manual manual ones !

There are 373 such switches in that route and there is no way that I am going to replace them all !

Why not use easier to place 10 switches when a tighter turnout radius is not necessary ?

nice work but Win8 does not work with editor or even the sim, I have to use OpenRails and that has not progressed yet to include editor.
    I like it to driving a model T Ford or using Windows 95, not as many bells and whistles but just for the experience :-)
    John Griffiths
    (jetgriff)

Invercargill New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Jetgriff View Post
    Nice work but Win8 does not work with editor or even the sim, I have to use OpenRails and that has not progressed yet to include editor.
    It will be years before ORTS will have its own Routes and Activities editors !

I am sure that there are many WIN-8.1 users who have no problems running all of MSTS and associated with it utilities, having been installed as per Steam4ME the same as WIN-7:
    http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/installing_msts_w7.html
    but appears that MSTS running in WIN-8 does not like AMD-ATI graphics cards !

I for one run MSTS just fine under Win 8, but I also installed strictly per the steam4me instructions. Those instructions have to be followed very much to the letter.

And I believe it's AMD/ATI that don't like MSTS any more since they don't want to produce Win 8 drivers for it....

Jorgen

@Jetgriff, I am running the MSTS editor under Windows 8 and it works fine. You might be looking for it in the wrong place. It is on the right side of the start screen, not your desktop.

MSTS works in Win 8 if you have an Nvidia based card. Intel on board and AMD do not play ball.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.