Thread: A lot of questions...

Default A lot of questions...

Hello everybody,

could you please answer me the following questions:

1. What's the function of the "shunting" selection in the start dialog?
    2. What's the message of a yellow flashing upper signal?
    3. Sometimes the signal announcer in the cab shows the downmost white symbol. Does it mean there's no information for the moment?
    4. Please could someone explain me the brake system in detail and how to handle it. At the moment I'm using only the 2TE10U. What are the gauges standing for? What's the meaning of the green/yellow/red lamps on the dashboard (Shift-V)? How to brake properly? In the HUD the most time I got a 5kn brake value although the brakes are released. Sooner or later I have smoke in the cab. You see I'm a little bit confused

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by zachenbacher View Post
    1. What's the function of the "shunting" selection in the start dialog?
    You can enter there some number a lot bigger than start position "ordinate" (for 11 Kiev Passazirskij you enter here for example 14). Your locomotive then will be placed on this "SHUNTING" position, so you need firstly switch to back cabin and return for cabs.

2. What's the message of a yellow flashing upper signal?
    See here:
    http://www.carreweb.fr/european-rail...u/slru_en.html

3. Sometimes the signal announcer in the cab shows the downmost white symbol. Does it mean there's no information for the moment?
    Yes, it means that ALSN system does not have code, you are on non-coded track.

What's the meaning of the green/yellow/red lamps on the dashboard (Shift-V)?
    These are indicators of Elektropnevmaticeskie tormoza (Electropneumatic brake).
    Green lamp on when EPT system is online (and electrical circuit is connected).
    Yellow (and green) lamp are on when your brake controller goes to position III or IV (hold).
    Red (and green) lamp are on when your brake controller goes to position V, VI, VII (brake).

Here I prepared some description.
    I hope it is correct
    2te10u-description.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by leonell View Post
    Thanks for the link! I've been looking for a resource like that.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info