Thread: Sulitjelma 2014

Default Sulitjelma 2014

Uploaded and awaiting approval for the file library here (due to N3V DLS unable to cope with a 130Mb upload ), a new version of my Sulitjelma route for Trainz. This is a 2ft narrow gauge route, 35km from Finnied to Lomi in northern Norway, created to provide somewhere to run the excellent 2ft NG stock available for TS12.

Note this route is created in TS12 Version 61388, aka SP1 HF4 and probably won't work in earlier versions.

sul1.jpg

sul2.jpg

sul3.jpg

sul4.jpg
    sul5.jpg

Vern --

Why is the upload so big?

Even my PO&N, which is a big route, only weighed in at 26MB.

Have you included lots of dependencies?

Phil

It is 35km long (plus overlaps). Built out to 5km either side of the track for distant mountains and all in 5m terrain (the latter was probably a mistake, I admit). No dependencies included as it's either built in assets or on the DLS.

This is not the first larger route I've had problems with getting on the DLS - you may recall my Mount Hood is in the file library here because I couldn't get the DLS to accept it. Seems despite N3V's assertion that larger files are okay on the DLS, it doesn't quite work in practice.

Hi Vern --

That file size still seems far too big. You sure that you haven't included anything else in the cdp file? Have you tried installing it into a clean version of TS12 to see what shows up in Content Manager?

On second thoughts, maybe it's the 5m grid that causes the large size?

Anyway, I'll look forward to downloading it.

Phil

Definitely no extras Phil, it has to be the grid - as I say should have learned from experience.

I guess I could go round the edge and trim a baseboard off the width both sides as some of the tiles probably aren't even visible from the cab or train level. However you have to take into account the "helicopter pilots" who like to run their train from 150ft in the air. Even then, zipped/cdp size likely to still be over 100Mb, which when you think about it though isn't that much more than a single McGuirrel Ultra (Speed) tree.

Hopefully Nels will have the route in the file library later today.