Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No new US Routes

Unhappy No new US Routes

I have been checking the the new files almost daily and all I find are routes and equipment for the Indian Railwys. It seems new US routes have disappeared from the scene.
    Harrry

They show up once every six months or so. There are only about a dozen or two of us still building North American routes, and they can take 2-3 years to complete.

The most recent US route in the library is Monon 2 Version 17. The most recent new US route is the Milwaukee Road Idaho Division.

I'm still building my own Southern Pacific Yuma subdivision route, hopefully having it released later this year if everything goes well. That will be my next route.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    They show up once every six months or so. There are only about a dozen or two of us still building North American routes, and they can take 2-3 years to complete.
    As a follow up to this, one thing you may find it that such Routes, would be of a very large size ..., and would be the equivalent overall size / route mileage, of, at times , from 2 or 3 of the earlier / traditional Routes offered, to about ( expression I used earlier today ), such as a "9 for 1 deal" , and for Eric's own work , and Rick's Monon Route , this could be fairly substantial, without throwing in , into the equation, the TriState Route team project , which would easily provide, in terms of size / Route mileage , beyond 20 or more, traditional Routes.

Routes are no longer coming out "fast and furious", but are coming down "heavy" ....'-)

It just takes more patience for those who are primarily end users / enthusiasts, but I guess , for American or North American content, the real-life reality, is that we are beyond the days where you would find something new, on a weekly , or possibly , daily basis .

Jean Brisson

I've wondered about that, but I guess there must be a group of folks over there cooperating on creating routes as it
    seems to be the same names in sort of a informal rotation.

Isn't the IL RR Museum about to come out?
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

The IRM is still in various stages of "just about to be released"... it went out for testing a few months back, and the few people testing it haven't reported horrific bugs in it yet.

All that's really left are some fine tuning and packaging. Between work, kids/grandkids, and other commitments, I might have it completed by 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    I've wondered about that, but I guess there must be a group of folks over there cooperating on creating routes as it seems to be the same names in sort of a informal rotation.
    Feedback : This is a really good observation, as, beyond a certain route size / mileage, the necessities of working in "teams", or to rely heavily on third party collaborators, seems the only way to achieve completion, within a reasonable time frame .

In addition to this, it would be safe to say that there are a fair number of folks building Routes, who also are doing all this, very quietly , perhaps out of fear of "feeling the wrath" of harsh criticisms, comments, and remarks, and will simply go about it all , very quietly , also, upload their projects and basically not telling anybody, when all done.

As far as fewer Routes becoming available than previously, as Eric did point out, Yes, the majority of Route Builders do "have a life" , outside from Route Building, and hardly anyone can any longer afford the amount of time / energy, truly required to consistently deliver quality Routes , on a timely or "predictable" basis.

One interesting twist to all this, though , which I can see as very credible ( and from reliable sources ), is the fact, that , based on this "Law of Supply & Demand', we may in fact see a fresh influx of payware Routes, of North American content .

What this may imply, though , is that, say , "Talent", which otherwise we may have expected would be producing freeware Routes, may in fact , be "diverted" to contributing to payware projects.

Jean Brisson Route Builder

Quote Originally Posted by tjm123 View Post
    I'm still building my own Southern Pacific Yuma subdivision route, hopefully having it released later this year if everything goes well. That will be my next route.

I am happily awaiting this one!

John DeLamater
    Last edited by eolesen; 06-05-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks to all of you route builders for your time and work.
    Thanks to the Payware groups for their products too.

Mike