Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BNSF Seligman Subdivision!!!

Default BNSF Seligman Subdivision!!!

BNSF Seligman Subdivision!!!!

Let's just say I am excited about this announcement!

I am doing the Seligman Sub (with thanks to Northern Warrior and others) 2014-06-12_00001.jpg2014-06-12_00002.jpg2014-06-12_00003.jpg2014-06-12_00004.jpg2014-06-12_00005.jpg and it (in the sim) starts 10 miles or so outside (NW of Needles) so you can run down the hill into town and then up again.

I have a future expansion to run to Barstow (Needles Sub) but right now I am planning to get the Needles-Flagstaff out.

With a bit of help I will get a WIP for Steam in the next 48 hours, (don't know how with the World Cup on but it depends on the games I suppose!), hopefully with a bit of Needles done and through the town, and get some feedback, if anyone is interested.

I am doing this route for pure enjoyment and learning at the same time. So please offer constructive feedback.

I have never driven a train in the US so I cannot offer any US specific experience but I have driven 'American Freight trains in OZ', they are a little lighter and a bit less air than the Class 1s in the US. Altough in Western Australia mining companies BHP, Fortesque and Rio Tinto have Class 1 American locos too.

In any case, I have some questions.

1st and most important so I can get it into Steam Workshop ASAP as a WIP. In the most easiest sense how can I make a quick drive Scenario? If I can get this answered I will shoot it up to Steam so you guys and girls can get excited.

How do I prevent jaggies when painting my track bed and 'constructing raised per way'? Photos to show......

I've got a black sky too so I'll need guidance to get my sky...please help!

Apart from those I am doing fairly well.

Also track rules. I found it at the bottom where to select, but can I change the speeds from 60/40 up to 90/70? I am using the Cajun Pass track rule.

All answers are greatly appreciated and upon your request I'll add your name to credits for the route!

I really want to get this made and into your hands to inspire everyone.

I also want to know, is a 200-250ml route (from Needles to Flagstaff it is that long I think) too big for TS2014?

This route shouldn't take that long as I have got firing today and finding it quite quick once you get the hang of it.

Are decals what you call 'photoscenery'?

Daniel, Western Australia

Until I get more information the route of about 5 miles so far is here : https://www.mediafire.com/?vr3n45px2wgzl86

I attempted to build the Seligman Sub route for this game two years ago. I have to redo the route's tracks because its gradients were inaccurate. I only relaid tracks between Topock and east of Kingman so far, and I wonder if I can lend you a portion of my project to you. All tracks are SB-Barstow tracks like the ones you're using

Can't you extend the route from Flagstaff to Winslow? Winslow is where the trains stop in the line for crew changes, and it's considered to be the eastern end of the Seligman sub.

I also have line markers if you need any.
    Last edited by tjm123; 05-17-2015 at 12:37 AM.

Sure. I'll do that.

I'm just placing the track on the terrain and checking photos.

As for accuracy in gradients, how are you doing that?

As I haven't driven that route it is hard for someone to place gradients accurately unless you are using a chart or diagram or route sheet with slopes etc.

I found a rough diagram at railfan on Seligman. Here: http://www.trainweb.org/brettrw/maps...ligmansub.html I'm just happy to line it up on google maps and get an average which in the course of things up is up and with terrain data is going to be fine because you aren't going to be adjusting the throttle or brakes too much.

Saying that it would be nice to get authenticity though.

Send me the package.

Do you know if its possible to get rid of the black sky without using a blueprint or can I change an xml file somewhere?

Yes I would say that is possible, Winslow.

Daniel
    Last edited by nihongo; 06-12-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nihongo View Post
    Do you know if its possible to get rid of the black sky without using a blueprint or can I change an xml file somewhere?
    If you are using an AMD ATI graphics card then its Catalyst Control Center must be set to let the Application (TS-2014) use its Anti-Aliasing settings !

The accuracy of the gradient is determined by a gradient chart I have in .pdf format. I will compile and send you the route and the .pdf file. There are additional free scenic assets required for the route, but it won't be excessive and hard to obtain. The route has Scaleroads, so if you're using the original roads, one system has to be used I think.

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post

If you are using an AMD ATI graphics card then its Catalyst Control Center must be set to let the Application (TS-2014) use its Anti-Aliasing settings !

No, I have an Nvidia card and the sim runs ok when running trains. Or are you saying the world editor has a graphics issue?

Quote Originally Posted by tjm123 View Post
    The accuracy of the gradient is determined by a gradient chart I have in .pdf format. I will compile and send you the route and the .pdf file. There are additional free scenic assets required for the route, but it won't be excessive and hard to obtain. The route has Scaleroads, so if you're using the original roads, one system has to be used I think.
    So is Scaleroads free? Just upload it to Megaupload or mediafire, or wherever suits you.

Quote Originally Posted by nihongo View Post
    So is Scaleroads free?
    Scaleroads is free, and you can download it from the 3Dtrains.com forum.

Ok.