Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TS2014 Benchmarking

Default TS2014 Benchmarking

What route or scenario should I do, that is best for bench-marking TS2014 to it's max? Perhaps I need big stations and or large yards with lots of activity?

MLM
    Any of the later routes eg London to Faversham HS, ECML London to Peterboro, GEML London to Ipswich, New York to New Haven and so on. The New York to NH on my rig uses a fair amount of RAM and 1.4GB VRAM running a 1920 x 1200 monitor.
    If you could measure "frame dwell times" - aiming for >99.5% to be less than 20 milliseconds (0 > 50 milliseconds) then that would be a good performance indicator. The other method is Frame Rating FCAT: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphic...CAT/Frame-Rati that would be great if we could meaure it in TS2014. But at the moment we are stuck with fps which is not a good measure of performance, so I rely on a smooth visual performance with very little stuttering.
    pH
    Last edited by peterhayes; 06-16-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterhayes View Post
    MLM
    Any of the later routes eg London to Faversham HS, ECML London to Peterboro, GEML London to Ipswich, New York to New Haven and so on. The New York to NH on my rig uses a fair amount of RAM and 1.4GB VRAM running a 1920 x 1200 monitor.
    If you could measure "frame dwell times" - aiming for >99.5% to be less than 20 milliseconds (0 > 50 milliseconds) then that would be a good performance indicator. The other method is Frame Rating FCAT: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphic...CAT/Frame-Rati that would be great if we could meaure it in TS2014. But at the moment we are stuck with fps which is not a good measure of performance, so I rely on a smooth visual performance with very little stuttering.
    pH
    And what are your settings and what his your setup. I have a monster gaming computer that I built and I can't even play the game smooth on MAX settings. What a joke.

Something wrong with your system then. Don't blame TS2014. Have heard these kind of rants before from various people.
    Last edited by Flybyme; 06-19-2014 at 06:28 PM.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

If you were on an AMD and Radeon setup you would be saying the exact same thing as me and complaining. I've put a lot of money into this computer its very powerful, yet its not made to work with AMD, Radeon users. And I have yet to encounter with them here, to try and solve these issues. While your enjoying 40-60fps with full settings addons, big details etc, i struggle just to run the default with a constant smooth FPS. It isn't my computer, or problems with it its about this simulator not being compatible with AMD and Radeon users

I for one am not on an AMD Radeon because after many years of gamming the only problems I had with video cards were with Radeons,so I stopped using them.I think most game developers use Nvidia cards with intel CPUs,so I use them because i think it's better to run the same type of hardware most games are developed with.
    Last edited by smiljacc18; 06-17-2014 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Do you really need two threads to complain about the same thing? We get it our computers suck compared to yours but it seems 99% of us are able to run the game. Clearly its a hardware issue. I built my own rig too but I do know when it comes to GPUs I always get an NVidia chipset because the driver support is top notch and most games run on NVidia friendly engines. There's a reason only two AMD chipsets are in the top 10 benchmark, because they are lousy no matter how high you hold them up. Sorry its true.
    HOME OF THE SOO LINE Route, BNSF/UP SEATTLE SUBDIVISION Route, SD60F pack, Dash 8 series updates and more!

http://eyein12.blogspot.com/

Woodhead pushed it to the limits as does WCML North. The former was one of the first routes that needed 64bit to use all your available RAM (otherwise you just got a black screen) and the latter is notorious for crashing the game between Motherwell and Glasgow where several tiles are packed with objects well in excess of the recommended max 2000 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Woodhead pushed it to the limits as does WCML North. The former was one of the first routes that needed 64bit to use all your available RAM (otherwise you just got a black screen) and the latter is notorious for crashing the game between Motherwell and Glasgow where several tiles are packed with objects well in excess of the recommended max 2000 or so.
    I have 16 gigs of DDR3 RAM. And on default routs i get max 21 FPS

I generally average between 30 and 40 FPS on Woodhead and WCML.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985