Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firefox

Default Firefox

Not many reading the PC Tech forum I am posting this here as it should concern all users of computers that access the Internet !

I do not trust anybody on the Internet not to spy on what I am doing with my computers when on-line to the Internet, including Governments and to start with do not allow any not essential cookies to be downloaded and those that I had to download to access my bank account and forums, etc, are being removed after every on-line session !

That is the end of using Firefox as far as I am concerned, also not showing Favorites, the ieSpell and direct FTP access to my web site like my WIN-XP IE-8 does and am sure that Microsoft and Google do the same without telling me, as have Facebook done a few years ago, reported recently and am using an alias to hide my real identity when using Facebook or browsing the Internet doing research !

So which browser are you planning to use now? Internet Explorer? LOL

You can turn off the data transmissions to Mozilla in the options, if you do not like it.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic164208_1.gif

Privacy? What is that in this age of broadcasting your daily doings on social media?

Does Firefox give you the ability to type About:Config in the URL bar to set all kinds of micro-preferences? I use one of the other Mozilla products and it does allow me that customization

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoran View Post
    So which browser are you planning to use now? Internet Explorer?
    Yes, for as long as I use WIN-XP SP3, protected by Kaspersky and frequent Norton Ghost WIN/OS back-ups of its Images.

You can turn off the data transmissions to Mozilla in the options, if you do not like it.
    You have told me once before that Firefox can do something IE-8 can but have never showed me how it works, having asked you specifically !

As for the maintenance of PRIVACY when using the Internet then that has been and is being dealt by the European Union, as Google, Facebook, Twitter and others have found out about and since the whistle blower Snowden has lifted the lid on what the USA NSA is doing more people are aware of it, objecting to it and mobile phone hackers here in the UK are going to prison for a long time having invaded users privacy !

Some of you seem to be living on another planet, being oblivious to what goes on in our world !

You CAN do that in Firefox, geepster.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Stay away from IE... Theres millions of bugs found with that browser.. Whats wrong with GoogleChrome... Loved it! Nary of any issues...

http://www.cnet.com/news/stop-using-...fixed-says-us/
    Dave Edwards

Otto

in firefox go to Tools/options/advanced/data choices there are 3 tick boxes you can untick to stop firefox sending home

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Quote Originally Posted by burgerbern View Post
    Otto, in firefox go to Tools/options/advanced/data choices there are 3 tick boxes you can untick to stop firefox sending home
    Thanks and hope that it does as requested and not like Steam ignores settings not to automatically update anything !

Been using different variations of IE since 1998 and have had no problems. Have Comodo internet security and AVG 2014 free edition. Periodically run a scan with Spybot 2.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    You have told me once before that Firefox can do something IE-8 can but have never showed me how it works, having asked you specifically !
    I did answer your question and directly pointed you to the required FTP-plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    As for the maintenance of PRIVACY when using the Internet then that has been and is being dealt by the European Union, as Google, Facebook, Twitter and others have found out about and since the whistle blower Snowden has lifted the lid on what the USA NSA is doing more people are aware of it, objecting to it and mobile phone hackers here in the UK are going to prison for a long time having invaded users privacy !

Some of you seem to be living on another planet, being oblivious to what goes on in our world !
    Not at all. And that's precisely why I use Firefox, because it gives me much more control over my internet usage, enhancing my safet and privacy. Especially with the plugins I recommended to you in the past -- NoScript, Password Exporter and Bitdefender QuicScan.

I would never use IE except if someone pointed a gun on my head ...
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic164208_1.gif