Thread: Greek route

Default Greek route

Available here...

http://hellenic-msts-site.webnode.gr/

It is the Athens to Tithorea portion from the Athens to Thessaloniki mainline and includes the branch from Oinoi to Chalkida.

Enjoy...

Hi boukalas,

Thank you for the heads-up on this route, it looks great! I enjoy seeing items produced for more diverse, interesting areas of the world.

Geoff

Hi Guys, i also look for a Greek route to download but i cannot find anything, i have visited these Greek sites but i couldn't find any download link, i think that these sites are suspended..
    Can somebody to help with a link or to send me the route .zip file?
    i will appreciate that

Hardly surprising as you have bumped a six year old thread! Many sites providing downloads for MSTS have gone, very few remain...
    Vern.

The site exists, but the language is Greek which I don't understand. However, most of the
    links on the page don't work, and I could not find any download link for anything, so like Vern,
    I would just have to say that it may have been a nice route, but we may never know. As for
    our current state, I hope there will soon be some routes from somewhere other than India.
    I'm working on some that I probably will not detail out completely, but which will be
    operational, and for those, I will keep backups that are "sanitized", i.e. no signals etc. so
    that if someone requests a copy to improve, I can provide it, or else put those copies in the
    "incomplete" category. My biggest need is for modern mining structures, such as silos,
    Batch & Flood loaders, ventilation fans, etc. The route I am currently working on was started
    by Simon Van de Laak and will be the entire Virginian west of Roanoke, VA as electrified. He
    did some detailing around Mullins, WV and some of the old coal mine tipples etc. will be fine
    for old locations, such as Slab Fork, Glen Rogers, Helen & maybe a dozen others. New style
    will be needed for about a dozen locations but this can all be the same except for different
    detail colors.

J. H. Sullivan

I keep getting disillusioned with Trainz and popping back into TSRE now and again, so you never know one of my 2020 resolutions might see a route for MSTS/OR pop out the mangle! Currently looking at upscaling Iron Horse Park https://www.ironhorsepark.net/facility.shtml though might need to adapt the plan to mitigate MSTS at least not liking closed loops.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I keep getting disillusioned with Trainz and popping back into TSRE now and again, so you never know one of my 2020 resolutions might see a route for MSTS/OR pop out the mangle! Currently looking at upscaling Iron Horse Park https://www.ironhorsepark.net/facility.shtml though might need to adapt the plan to mitigate MSTS at least not liking closed loops.
    I wonder; there may be some examples of tricking MSTS into accepting loops. The old Red Arrow Lines trolley route has loops at the end of a lot of lines that work in both ORTS and MSTS. Might be worth checking for how it was kludged if you want to do loops. iirc, it was mostly double track, so loops might be easier that way. Likewise, I'm pretty sure at least one of Bob Wirth's Santa Fe routes has a working loader loop at a coal mine. Fair warning though, these are vague recollections; due to various computer repairs, I don't have all of the routes I've collected over the years installed any more, so it'll take a while to check.

Seems like the project has been moved to Railworks: https://www.facebook.com/HellasExpressz , but there haven't been any updates since 2015/16 or thereabouts.

You might get a link to any remaining MSTS versions remaining by asking the webmaster probably.

I have the Greek route (Tithorea-Domokos-(Thessaloniki)) on one of my older Europe installs, it is reasonably well made and quite interesting because of the rugged landscape and comes with a few MSTS converted locomotives. I'd rate it 6/10.
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)