Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSTS Open Doors

Default MSTS Open Doors

Hi guys,

Could the doors of a passenger car be opened? If so, how to open?

Thanks in advance.

John

Yes, they can be opened, if the car is designed in such a way ... but I forgot the key configuration. Haven't been actually playing with MSTS for more than a year by now, real life and computer troubles getting into the way.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic164208_1.gif

I believe that if you have Bin installed and the cars are so equipped with functioning doors, Ctrl + 7 opens the right side doors and Ctrl +9 opens the left hand side. Going from my memory here.
    Good luck,
    Ron

Hi Ron,
    You are correct, but note that the numeric pad keys 7 and 9 should be used and not those along the top of the keyboard!

Cheers,
    Ged

Should also point out that the same sequences should be done again to close the doors as well. Tiger Trains models have an indicator in the cab if doors are opened or closed. And at least on TT models, doors can't be closed once train is in motion. Sometimes it can take a while to see the doors close again after you press CTRL+7 or 9. On TT models, I think it's like 15sec or more? So best to use the F10 display at the station, and about 30sec prior to departure time hit the door sequence to close them. And keep an eye on the cab indicator or external view to make sure they close before departure.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Ron,
    You are correct, but note that the numeric pad keys 7 and 9 should be used and not those along the top of the keyboard!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Assuming the car has openable doors, how to open it if I'm MSTSing in a Laptop?

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ur-laptop.html

Don't be offended by the name of the website, it really is a very helpful article...

Robert

Sorry to say 11railfan, but if your laptop doesn't have a 'key pad' to the right, the Bin functions will not work at all. I too had a big honking Dell laptop without a keypad, and thought I could get by without it. It died and I got a smaller Acer - with keypad. And holy smokes, it's amazing I ever lived without a keypad! Not only is it great for Bin functions, but is a godsend for placing structures just so in RE. I would strongly advise you to get a USB Keypad if you can, especially if doing route creation/modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Noisemaker View Post
    Sorry to say 11railfan, but if your laptop doesn't have a 'key pad' to the right, the Bin functions will not work at all. I too had a big honking Dell laptop without a keypad, and thought I could get by without it. It died and I got a smaller Acer - with keypad. And holy smokes, it's amazing I ever lived without a keypad! Not only is it great for Bin functions, but is a godsend for placing structures just so in RE. I would strongly advise you to get a USB Keypad if you can, especially if doing route creation/modifications.
    I'm using Acer Aspire 4738Z for my MSTSing. Will try to go to a computer accessory store to find a keypad.

USB keypad is the answer. Got mine for about $10.