Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSTS Open Doors

Another question: Are the doors of Series 2000 openable?

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    USB keypad is the answer. Got mine for about $10.
    On an accessory store maybe it is PHP200+ ($4.65+)

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    USB keypad is the answer. Got mine for about $10.
    And until the external NUM-Pad arrives, you can switch on the built-in pseudo-NUM-Pad of the laptop keyboard.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic164208_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Noisemaker View Post
    Sorry to say 11railfan, but if your laptop doesn't have a 'key pad' to the right, the Bin functions will not work at all. I too had a big honking Dell laptop without a keypad, and thought I could get by without it. It died and I got a smaller Acer - with keypad. And holy smokes, it's amazing I ever lived without a keypad! Not only is it great for Bin functions, but is a godsend for placing structures just so in RE. I would strongly advise you to get a USB Keypad if you can, especially if doing route creation/modifications.
    Here's something that hasn't yet been noticed much, and it might make USB Keypads useful for purchasers of new desktops. Some manufacturers are starting to deliver keyboards without a "Num-Lock" function, and I will not try to get by in the RE without it.

The key on the new keyboard is labeled "Clear", and it appears to do nothing more than the "Delete" key. I can't see the reasoning behind this. There is no manual for the new style keyboard to see if there's a work-around, so I dug out an old keyboard.

The next time I was near a Best Buy, I dropped in to see if they had seen this. They hadn't noticed it, so we looked around. They have some on display...

regards,
    charlie