Thread: I have come back but.......going into Railworks.

Default I have come back but.......going into Railworks.

*tapping on desk*

I've been meaning to post this for awhile, because i have developed the reputation of announcing vaporware and i didn't want to do that again, but i also didn't want to sound like i'm begging for help. You see, i had fully intended to begin work on my RVL route in MSTS as soon as i had gotten the win 7 machine and i was prepared for whatever challenges the route editor would give me. What i didn't expect was the computer to completely die on me and then seize to function. For the past several months, I have been securing my new job, as well as trying to figure out what to do with a system that now is a paperweight. I have come to the conclusion that this computer is unfixable, and whenever i try to work on the RVL, i seem to always not be able to get it done for one reason or another. It is for this reason that the RVL is taking a new form, and i mean that this time. I have given up on MSTS for good, and I'm going to build the RVL in railworks.

It is my hope that i can at least get it built in that sim and not in a sim that will not ever work right for me again. and i know open rails is getting developed and there's progress, but by the time a route editor is implemented, either i or someone else will have already built the RVL, or some other route for railwork.
    Tom
    I am no longer active.
    PM me if you have a specific question.

Quote Originally Posted by railfan101 View Post
    I will definitly look into that. Thanks.

EDIT: BTW, has anyone made or is in the process of making a northeast corridor from philadelphia to New york? Yes i know about the RW one but modding that one to include the RVL is a nightmare, not to mention there is 0 NJT specific equipment that can be used for the line. .
    Stand alone, no but it is part of the PRR Eastern Region route. Welcome back Tom. Investigate ORTS. You will be pleased.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I have given up on MSTS for good, and I'm going to build the RVL in railworks.
    Yes, the to be released TS-2015 Railworks update is superior to all other train simulators for creating new routes, its advantages being too many for all of them to be mentioned here.

What I like most about it when working on a TS-2014 route is that one can instantly change from Play mode into its World or Scenario editors or vice versa to test edits, perfect for troubleshooting, me being the Beta Tester for my friends routes available from my web site find most useful !

It also has a moving 2D map like Trainz has, but is more functional for use in Play or Editing modes !

It might be a good idea to wait until after the update to TS2015 on Sept. 18 before starting this route.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdriver View Post
    It might be a good idea to wait until after the update to TS2015 on Sept. 18 before starting this route.
    Knock on wood. that's exactly what i was going to do. And since i work on the railroad that makes it all the more easier for me to build this route.
    Tom
    I am no longer active.

I hope that TS2015 will make it easier to work on a route. Because I planning a old steam and early Diesel route. The classic Virginian route,The Deepwater.
    I am thinking a year or better to finish the first leg. Deepwater to Elmore or Mullens, WV. Not thinking about Elmore to Princeton to Roanoke,VA yet.
    This will be mainly a coal route. It will have large, small, and truck mines. It will have about 35 to 40 mines to work, from 60 to 5 cars each.
    Just now, starting to plan the route, By the Way All help will be appreciated. painters and all. Roger
    Last edited by roandju; 09-12-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Great, get back to us in a year or so. I'll look for your update.
    Interested in all Train-Sims

Sounds great, if you need any assets I have a ton of freeware assets available at Railworks America and a ton of 60's cars and trucks.

I gave up on MSTS years ago when it gave me the very rare fatal error and I could no longer get it to start up.
    Jonathan Burton Peters Jr, Big J
    System of the retro era assets and the old downtown era.

https://jpetersjr1.wixsite.com/big-j-productions

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Stand alone, no but it is part of the PRR Eastern Region route. Welcome back Tom. Investigate ORTS. You will be pleased.
    The PRR does not run well on my computer. I have been using OR for awhile, but without the ability to actually open MSTS editors, i get bored pretty quickly. I'd like to keep building my own activities but since OR does not have that yet, and i can't open the editors anymore, i'm kinda bored with it.
    Tom
    I am no longer active.

The PRR does not run well on my computer. I have been using OR for awhile, but without the ability to actually open MSTS editors, i get bored pretty quickly. I'd like to keep building my own activities but since OR does not have that yet, and i can't open the editors anymore, i'm kinda bored with it.
    Hey Tom, I know what you mean with the editors and I run windows 8... yeah, so there are a lot of projects I had to put onto ghe back burner for now. However, the guys working on Open Rails are making great strides with each release which brings us closer to an activity and a route editor so I'll just keep holding on.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY