Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: train simulator 2015 update

Can't find the RWA Lakeside route anywhere either under "Drive" or "Profile" (Routes) so where the heck has it and other third party routes gone if we want to use them? I know it's installed as it is listed under the Build menu.

Distinctly unimpressed with DTG efforts to highlight their own content at the expense of others.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Can't find the RWA Lakeside route anywhere either under "Drive" or "Profile" (Routes) so where the heck has it and other third party routes gone if we want to use them? I know it's installed as it is listed under the Build menu.

Distinctly unimpressed with DTG efforts to highlight their own content at the expense of others.
    Someone on another forum pointed out that if you hit the Standard tab and then drag the scrollbar to the right of the scenario list all the routes do show up - if you click on the route selector it looks like only DTG routes are listed. At least I can now access all my routes and scenarios.

As for the UI and menu system - I think they are an abomination. It appears that no-one at DTG has any understanding of how to design screens for humans to use. Typefaces too small, too little contrast in the colour of text against background, active elements of the screen do not light up as you move over them, slow responses with no indication that anything is happening and so on. We may get used to it, but I doubt if we will ever like it.
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978

I'm happy with it. I'm not a scenario creator or route creator so I never touch the editor. Did a run on the Carlisle route with the Duchess Of Sutherland with no problems. I'm not a person to criticise new things as I like new things and find after time that things I didn't like at the beginning, after use I start to like, just a bit of a learning curve. All my routes show up even third party ones from JT.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by traingirl66 View Post
    Ok i will, thank you
    This may be of help: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...96&postcount=4
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

You can also turn off the menu music in the sounds option under setup and the start up video in the gameplay option.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

@ Hack, I followed what you posted, and it looks like its working. Thank you, i will keep you posted.

Geeez Hack...... that is the longest post I've ever seen you make. You are usually a man of few words.
    EMD 2-strokes rule! My all-time favorite:SD45X I also like SD40-2/SD40T-2/SD45-2/SD45T-2/DD35A/DDA40X/SD70ACe/SD80ACe
    i7-7700HQ // 16GB DDR4 // GTX 1080 // 512GB SSD+1TB HD // 17" 144Hz FHD w/G-Sync // TS2018 // TSW // T:ANE // Run 8 V2

Satisfied?

3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

A big thank you hack, that did the trick. everything is working great

Someone on another forum pointed out that if you hit the Standard tab and then drag the scrollbar to the right of the scenario list all the routes do show up - if you click on the route selector it looks like only DTG routes are listed. At least I can now access all my routes and scenarios.
    Found it now, you have to keep clicking the current highlighted route in the centre of the screen to turn it into a scrolling list rather than the Win8 style display. Same also works under Career - so now I can access all the non-DTG routes. However it beggars belief why they have set it up in such a manner that third party (i.e. non-DTG) routes also appear albeit minus an icon in the Win8 list.

IMHO they would have been better keeping the old TS2014 interface and focusing efforts on fixing some of the long standing issues.