Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: train simulator 2015 update

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Found it now, you have to keep clicking the current highlighted route in the centre of the screen to turn it into a scrolling list rather than the Win8 style display. Same also works under Career - so now I can access all the non-DTG routes. However it beggars belief why they have set it up in such a manner that third party (i.e. non-DTG) routes also appear albeit minus an icon in the Win8 list.

IMHO they would have been better keeping the old TS2014 interface and focusing efforts on fixing some of the long standing issues.
    Amen to that!

I've found that I don't need to click on the highlighted route at all - just leave that alone and use the scroll bar to the right of the list, or scroll with my mouse wheel.
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978

Someone figured out how to use the TS-2014 menus in TS-2015

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=3260916

Edit: This seems to work until you quit a scenario. Then you just get wallpaper and no menus....
    Last edited by styckx; 09-20-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by styckx View Post
    Someone figured out how to use the TS-2014 menus in TS-2015

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=3260916

Edit: This seems to work until you quit a scenario. Then you just get wallpaper and no menus....
    Nice, I was thinking of doing this myself actually but wasn't sure if it would work. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Venomz View Post
    Nice, I was thinking of doing this myself actually but wasn't sure if it would work. :P
    There are some 2015 scaleform files that need to stay so you can exit a scenario and get back to the frontend. It's ghetto but it works.

Angry Same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by norbertdx View Post
    Thanks for the reminder to search, I had search before but I got different result and rad across a different one that got the update going.

Thanks
    I have the same issue. Went to TS and they seem to have removed the page where can drop in our problems at customer support. Dovetail games isn't hiding though and sent me this.

A possible solution to your problems is to delete the Steam manifest file, with steam and the game not running. Then start steam again. This can be found here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\appmanifest_24010.acf

This should get your game running smoothly.

It didn't work for me but you might try it.

My library shows that my download is paused. Can't seem to be able to restart it. Any Ideas?

Dovetail also sent me this for TS support.

[email protected]

I've been running TS for years and they're not making me a happy camper.
    Last edited by BNSF1959; 09-20-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Found another Problem with TS2015, Controls are disabled when you're in the free camera mode. Never used to be like that in TS2014 if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomz View Post
    Found another Problem with TS2015, Controls are disabled when you're in the free camera mode. Never used to be like that in TS2014 if I remember correctly.
    That's unfortunate as freecam essential when doing switching (shunting) to walk ahead of your train to set the route then set it in motion, also to check when it has cleared a specific location and apply the brakes.

It's official: TS2015 is a disaster. It can't/won't find non-DTG routes such as Majestic Falls unless I use search, and then it refuses to display the rest of the routes. Start over and it wants to go back to the previous route, even though I selected another and tried to start another scenario.

Quit a scenario and it refuses to allow selecting anything other than replay. On top of that, I have seen NOTHING by way of "improvements", but plenty of things made worse.

And finding the Workshop is now a complicated matter when it used to be simple.

DTG: TAKE THIS BACK AND GIVE ME BACK 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulTheDog View Post
    I have the same issue. Went to TS and they seem to have removed the page where can drop in our problems at customer support. Dovetail games isn't hiding though and sent me this.

A possible solution to your problems is to delete the Steam manifest file, with steam and the game not running. Then start steam again. This can be found here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\appmanifest_24010.acf

This should get your game running smoothly.

It didn't work for me but you might try it.

My library shows that my download is paused. Can't seem to be able to restart it. Any Ideas?

Dovetail also sent me this for TS support.

[email protected]

I've been running TS for years and they're not making me a happy camper.
    Just for giggles and grins I tried going to the link you listed. NOT giggling and not grinning. Went through eight pages of utter nonsense and never got to the "support" at all. Obviously, they know very well what a piece of crap this is and don't want to hear from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It's official: TS2015 is a disaster. It can't/won't find non-DTG routes such as Majestic Falls unless I use search.
    I have no problem showing selected DTG and Freeware routes that have Freeroam scenarios in my TS-2015 menu list !