Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What US routes are underway

Quote Originally Posted by trainlover2923 View Post
    Was just wondering how the Milwaukee Road Coast Div. 2nd Sub is coming along?....Been awhile since we have heard an update.
    That was released about a month ago, it's in the file library.
    Jason. Producer of the YouTube series "MSTS Railfanning."
    https://www.youtube.com/user/theUP844

Quote Originally Posted by ATSF View Post
    ATSF La Junta and Pueblo Subs

These subs will be combined as one MSTS/Open Rails route.
    The La Junta sub runs from Newton KS to La Junta Co and closes the missing gap on the ATSF Northern Route between Chicago
    and Los Angeles.
    The Pueblo Sub runs from La Junta CO to Pueblo Co and connects at Pueblo with Don Karchs' Joint DRGW/ATSF line to Denver.
    Both subs are primarily single track operation.
    I have been working on this project for a while and plan to release it in the 1st quarter of 2019.
    That will be a welcome addition to your Santa Fe routes, that will also leave only one gap in the ATSF transcontinental route for both freight and passenger trains. I have the rest of your Santa Fe routes and may I say, they are very well done.
    Jason. Producer of the YouTube series "MSTS Railfanning."
    https://www.youtube.com/user/theUP844

Thank you!!

La Junta sub has been missing since Mophouse died, and even when it was around it wasn't up to modern (or even middling) standards having been done very early in MSTS days.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeebb View Post
    ...having been done very early in MSTS days.
    Wow. it doesn't seem like it was that long ago when I did La Junta. I must say I welcome Bob's effort here. His quality of track work is outstanding.

That will leave only one missing piece for fans of classic ATSF. That is Pasadena.

Basil Price

Actually, I have the route and have enjoyed it, though it is a little less polished than Bob's modern stuff. Thanks for building it!

Pasadena (and, for a modern version, the connecting El Monte Metrolink line) would be a good addition to the collection, as would the "Racetrack" section out of Chicago to Galesburg for Amtrak and Santa Fe passenger fans. Other recent posts suggest that the Racetrack is under active development.