Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: What US routes are underway

Cool

Yes, that line that goes a few miles east from Corbin is the CV Division/Sub. About 30 miles out, the first branch
    is encountered, the C&M (Cumberland & Manchester) which, according to the article still has a active loadout. I
    am trying to produce minimally detailed routes so as to get them out in a manner that another person could then
    "super detail" them if desired. The Virginian is the only one that really has me vexed. After I put in roads, there
    were two points where it crashes in MSTS, but not ORTS. Years ago this was seen on the first Tallahassee route
    and Otto Wipfel, now deceased found the issue and provided corrected world files but I cannot find where there
    was any explanation of what the problem was. ICheck etc. do not show any errors, neither does the error function
    in TSRE. It would be more critical if I did not plan to use Travis Ebner's signals which require use of ORTS and
    must be placed with TSRE. This route was started by Simon Van de Laak in the Netherlands and so some parts
    are already well detailed.

J. H. Sullivan

Jerry:

Just keep on motorin' my man!

Steve:

It's been a while since I've worked on my Alleghany Lines project. I didn't have much data to work with, so I did what I could. Not so sure some of my alignments are "spot on"... but seeing as I only had one brief exposure to that area back 2015, it suits me okay. However, those very familiar with the area could be disappointed in my efforts!

Jerry and Andre, you know I'm appreciating what you are doing. (writing 7 miles up the hill from Andre's New England lines).
    Christopher

I am hoping to release my MBTA Red Line route soon, just have to do a little detailing on some bare bones subway stations. It won't be finished but I will release it as a beta anyway.
    One route I have been thinking of is the Maine Central Calais branch which ran from Bangor to Cakais near where I now live. Most of the branch has been converted to a trail but the Northern part from Ayers jct. to Calais still exists. I would also add the branch down to Eastport that was abandoned earlier and also add a freelanced "West Quoddy branch" from Machias to Lubec via Cutler and Bailey's Mistake. Yes there really is a place by that name along the coast, named after a sea captain who piloted his ship into a cove thinking it was the channel between Lubec and Campobello and ran it aground. Rather than report his error he and his crew just took the ship apart and used it to build homes and stayed in the area. The line would continue into Lubec serving the sardine smokehouses and canning factories that used to line the waterfront now sadly all gone. The big hurdle to starting is getting the DEM data as I understand that has all changed so once I get that sorted out i may give it a go.

As I have said to others, if DEM data is an issue, give me the coordinates of the rectangular
    area you need and I will download the data, and massage it so DEMEX will digest it and then
    send it to you via WeTransfer, for which I will need a valid email address. You can start the
    process by sending me a message through the private links. The biggest route I have done
    only needed 8 DEM files, 6 is more normal.

Jerry Sullivan

That's funny, I grew up in Fayetteville and my family took the Cardinal for a long time. If the route ever gets built, that might be amazing.
    B. Jasper

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    I left off a few:

14: Stevens Pass. Great Northern, includes all 3 routes used over (or under) the pass. Track done
    15: Camas Prairie including line to connection with UP, Track done
    16: Milwaukee Road, Harlowton to Great Falls, Track done.
    17: MRS Logistica, Northern Portion
    18: MRS Logistica, Southern Portion

Probably never get them all done and my son-in-law is more computer savvy than my wife so I am putting together
    a list and instructions for him to upload any unfinished routes to the library " as unfinished ". My health is great, I
    plan to do the docent thing at the C&TS as long as I can walk, but at 82 I'm well over the hill & got the Westinghouse
    and the Dynamic applied.

Jerry Sullivan
    #15 and #16 are high on my list
    Would love to see them one day.

Jerry,

You're only 82, in good shape and you have a lot more years as the Lord gives you. My grandparents on my mother's side of the family lived into their 90's, all of them. If they were still here today, they'd say you were still a youngster, and then take me out with them hunting when they were in West Virginia back in the 50's and 60's.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

I also have the major bridges & viaducts done on the Harlowton-Great Falls line, and I plan to add the trestles
    on the Camas Prairie and the Joso Viaduct soon. After that, if some one will sell their soul and promise to complete
    the route, I would consider sending one or the other to them, instead of the unfinished library by way of "WeTransfer".

#17 & 18 will require a lot of custom structures as architecture in Brazil is much more colorful & elaborate than here.
    I got all the necessary data because back around 2010 I did the "typicals" for new signals on those lines when Xorail,
    my employer and a division of WABTEC got a contract to replace the original system done by British firms in the 1980s
    when a major part of the lines were built new. MRS Logistica is a iron ore hauler of some 700Km or so. The southern
    portion runs from a ore transloader 30km or so south of Rio to Bara Mansa, and the northern part is from there through
    the crew change at Bom Jardins to ore pits near Belo Horizonte. There are dozens of tunnels & high viaducts as the
    northern part traverses rugged terrain and the grade was held to very reasonable levels. Some parts have been done
    by folks in S.A. but not the major part or the southern part.

J. H. Sullivan

J. H. Sullivan

Taking a small hiatus from the sims for now but currently working on the New York Westchester &Boston. There's a lot of research involved with this one. As of now, the route goes from Harlem River Terminal to Columbus Ave junction and will of course have some New Haven included.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY VET