Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: What US routes are underway

Not much scenery near the Vermont/New York border at the moment.

VRS Clarendon & Pittsford Whitehall Subdivision.

https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png
    Conductor - Eastern Maine Railway
    Probably on everyone's ignore list by now.

Thanks Jerry. As long as ORTS/TSRE will display models for MSTS1, I see no reason to give up Sketchup8 and the 2002 plugin by Decapod, nor give up on XP. The handful of websites where XP doesn't work with it's final Firefox don't need my traffic anyway.

Thanks Scott. Yeah, it kinda got away from Joe and myself. The major 3 of us involved with this all suffer from Horizon Fever.
    Add to that, in this region, there was a backside to the Hills/Mountains because someone else's Railroad ran over there in that valley.

I realized early the right of way was going to be important, as well as period correct line-side industries, railroad structures, and visually correct bridges. Seems more of the bridges were skewed than square, and more were a combination of bridge assemblies than a single bridge style to span the gap. I did stop at making culverts of whichever style smaller than 2 foot x 2 foot, unless it was a multiple.

I don't remember if it was just before, or during the E3 convention where Microsoft was passing out a demo copy of their joint effort with Kuju for that MSTS 2, it came out that product was not compatible with MSTS1. The ACES Studio MSTS2 was definitely not going to be compatible, as that one was using the FSX environment.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

Are there any new lines being developed in New England such as the Boston And Albany line. Is there still a vermont sub line in development.

Law Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by law doctor View Post
    Are there any new lines being developed in New England such as the Boston And Albany line. Is there still a vermont sub line in development.

Law Doctor
    Not sure about the B&A
    However, I am still developing the Vermont Railway route which will include a few portions of the VTR system I ran, and I do have plans for the Canadian Pacific "D&H" Canadian Mainline, and possibly one or two others.
    With my new work schedule, I'll have a bit more time to tinker on ORTS projects. (Four day work weeks are fantastic!)
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png
    Conductor - Eastern Maine Railway
    Probably on everyone's ignore list by now.

I don't know which simulator has the most content available. I know that MSTS/ORTS has an awful lot, especially including the Indian items & routes. I stay with US lines except that I piddle with a couple of iron ore lines in Brazil. These have been covered rather well by folks in Brazil and I was able to obtain those routes but not with permission to release them here. TSRE has allowed us to do things not so much more easily but with greater confidence in that we have less to fear in the area of crashes & corruptions. My current effort will cover all existing lines in/out of Knoxville, TN except the SR/NS line to Chattanooga. At the moment I am adding the sub-ballast to the Knoxville to Middlesboro, KY. There is one major industry enroute, a large quarry at Luttrell, TN and then the 4-Rivers coal company in Middlesboro. Recently this line was sold or leased to R. J. Corman. This is an expansion of the KDSubdivision route that was released early in 2021.

Another section will be Knoxville-Clinton-Jellico-ARCO Mine which supported a unit train between 1967 & 1992 or so. The L&N(CSX) is being added from Knoxville to Etowah and that will complete what was the Knoxville Division in L&N days, now Subdivision of CSX.

J. H. Sullivan