Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: What US routes are underway

I am really looking forward to this one!

3. SP Shasta Route, Klamath Falls to Dunsmuir. The next "big one" to get churning along once Mullan is done. Track about 15% complete, scenery 10% complete.

Life-long SP fan!

John DeLamater

B&O Chris:

So, am I understanding correctly that there will be a beta with completed scenery but NO interactives? If so: Hot dog! That means I can take a beta copy and back-date it to the 19th century much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Coonskin View Post
    B&O Chris:

So, am I understanding correctly that there will be a beta with completed scenery but NO interactives? If so: Hot dog! That means I can take a beta copy and back-date it to the 19th century much easier!
    Sent you a PM
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

As information, work is in progress on the Milwaukee Road, Coast division, 2nd Sub. Although I don't intend to fully detail
    Seattle & Tacoma (I'll leave those for a bona fide masochist to tackle, it will otherwise be fully fleshed out. Track is complete,
    Roads are about 80%, all steel viaducts are done, including Green River on the NP. Several other bridges are done and installed,
    and more are on the way. Thanks to Ron Picardi, it is relatively easy to crank out good bridges. I'll post progress reports
    occasionally, but completion is likely 2 years off. Track is done on the Milwaukee Road, Great Falls Line and the major
    viaducts are in on it. And lastly, I will be occasionally working on the Virginian route started by Simon Van de Laak several
    years ago. Track is being improved on it, in places by use of X-tracks or M-tracks and new track that I installed to flesh out
    the route uses X & M tracks.

landnrailroader

Started worked on the Vermont Rail System Northern Sub (Burlington, VT - Rutland, VT) as well as the Montpelier & Barre line. (Montpelier Jct, VT - Websterville, VT.) The Northern Sub will be around 70 miles in length, while the M&B is 13 miles. Thinking of adding more to the route eventually..

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...y-Northern-Sub
    http://i.imgur.com/wcbfygM.png
    Conductor/Engineer at Vermont Rail System

Default B&O West End Work Continues Through the Glades

The Irish work gangs (who actually did the original work on this section in 1840s) continue to accomplish great things as the B&O West End pushes through the Glades as the B&O snakes east between Terra Alta and Altamont.

Corinth, WV
    Cornith.jpg

Oakland, MD - still working on the iconic train station
    Oakland.jpg

Mountain Lake Park, MD and Loch Lynn
    MountainLakePark.jpg

Finally, helper station just 2 miles east of Mountain Lake Park - existed until dieselization in 1950s
    MLP_Helper.jpg
    chris
    Chris

Like that B&O West End Route. Looking forward to the finished product. I've been to Cumberland and Oakland MD a number of times
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

I love the west end route to. I have been to Cumberland also. Will this route go all the way to Grafton West Virginia to down the mountain sub or where will the route start and end at. Please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by FireEngine View Post
    I love the west end route to. I have been to Cumberland also. Will this route go all the way to Grafton West Virginia to down the mountain sub or where will the route start and end at. Please let me know. Thanks a lot!
    The current plan is to start just east of Keyser (Phase 1) through Grafton to about 2 miles west on Wheeling and Parkersburg extensions. I may get to Cumberland (Phase 2) with Patterson Creek Cutoff - if I have the energy and desire.

and one more for now - tunnelton foot bridge
    TunneltonFootBridge.jpg
    chris
    Last edited by longiron; 10-08-2017 at 10:00 PM.
    Chris

The Canadian National, Norfolk Southern and Conrail mains from Detroit, Michigan to Toledo, Ohio. Details in this thread.