Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What US routes are underway

27. Buffalo
    26. Tristate
    28. Siskiyou
    Last edited by eolesen; 10-04-2014 at 11:31 AM.

25. Meridian Speedway: KCS/NS Meridian, MS to Shreveport, LA; Mainline complete, 50% sidetracks comlete, 25% scenery complete (Meridian to Jackson portion found in file library)

Jct of the NS Southern Tier an, New York.

26. Tristate Route features the DL&W mainline and branches from Hoboken, NJ to eventually Scranton, PA, the Erie Railroad mainline and branches from Port Jervis, NY to Jersey City, and connecting railroad lines during the mid/late 1920s to the early 1950s.

Hi,

An addenda to Tristate, beside the Erie and Lackawanna, it will have the NYS&W in it's entirety including the WB&E, the entire L&HR including track rights to Palmerton, Pa., and the L&NE in it's entirety.

If I have any neurons left and the TDB permits, the CNJ and LV from Wilkes-Barre to Jersey City, and some of the Staten Island RR, a subsidiary of the B&O.

Doug Relyea

29. Cripple Creek Railroads (Colorado Springs & Cripple Creek District, Midland Terminal, Florence & Cripple Creek), all in one.

Edit: Will be available Nov. 23, 2015
    Last edited by dwkarch; 11-22-2015 at 10:41 PM.

Don Karch Cripple Creek Railroads Route (CS&CCD, MT, F&CC)
    Rollins Pass/Moffat Tunnel Route V5 (Denver to Craig and Glenwood Springs)
    D&RGW Glenwood Spgs-Grand Jct Route and Colorado Joint Line, Denver-Pueblo
    C&S Narrow Gauge South Park Line/Colorado Midland SG/D&RG NG and SG

30. Long Island Rail Road ca. 1950. Open Rails only. Pictures of the build at the link in my sig.
    Last edited by eolesen; 03-31-2015 at 12:50 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie1974 View Post
    Not my project but isn't Mullan pass being worked on too, also San Juan and Silverado?
    Comment : It might be preferable, and more productive, to let the Route Builders, themselves, to indicate their commitment to certain Route projects .

This way , there would fewer mislead expectations, as if a route builder himself would add one, or a few, of his projects to this list, this would imply a commitment from the Route Builder, himself, to either complete / upload it, or perhaps indicate a need to have others to help out, or form a team to deliver the Route .

This would also avoid a few cases as seen in the past , whereby someone did "announce"/ "make known", they were working on specific Routes, but had to abandon the projects , for whatever reasons , and had some other builders, strictly based on such "announcements" , to decide to skip working on certain projects ( once again, on the basis that "so-and-so" was working on it , etc ...) .

Great initiative with this list, Jerry ! '-)

Jean Brisson

For all intents and purposes, Irvine, CA.

31. Southern Pacific "Coast Line", LA-SF (in phases and with affiliated branches)
    a. Guadalupe - Watsonville ("Salinas Valley", soon to be released on Elvas Tower)
    b. Watsonville - San Francisco / Oakland (In progress)
    c. Guadalupe - Oxnard (Lower priority due to "redundancy", pends on Salinas re-trunking)
    d. Oxnard - Lancaster - Los Angeles, Commerce, and Dolores Yard (Again, pends on re-trunking and other variables)
    e. Steam era backdating of said route (proposed)

32. California Northern West Valley Line. Davis - Tehama (Track laid, Scenery, Mosaic, and Roads going in.)

33. SMART / Northwestern Pacific, Larkspur - Willits and Schellville - Novato

As part of 31b, Caltrain's San Francisco - Gilroy operation (likely standalone)
    As part of 31c / 31d, 1960s-era Saugus Secondary and Ojai branch. (Also standalone)
    Last edited by eolesen; 03-31-2015 at 12:51 PM.
    "Hold tight, feel the drivers bite, hear the whistle moan
    Engine rockin' to the left and right, vibratin' in my bones
    Once the locomotive steals your soul, you got a Casey Jones"
    -Lemmy Kilmister, Motörhead

34. Extension of the NCR route/Northwestern Pacific from Willits to Ukiah (slow progress, maybe 50% complete)
    Last edited by eolesen; 03-31-2015 at 12:51 PM.

35. B&O West End (Grafton to Cumberland) early 1950s. Completed: Digitized, DEM, Photo Terrain. Track 10% (Grafton to Newburg), Scenery 1%. Working at my own pace due to lots of learning during the building process.
    Last edited by eolesen; 03-31-2015 at 12:52 PM.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."