Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What US routes are underway

36. UP Los Angeles an Alhambra Sub's (Mainline 93% yard's an spur's about 75% an 5% Scenery) on extension with Cajon Pass 4 freeware currently with mod's an two other in development routes Port of Los Angeles/Long Beach an Metrolink San Bernardino line. In a decision trap to hand over, new partnership, new planing board from merged scratch or just wait an vaporware it if no help is offered.
    Last edited by eolesen; 03-31-2015 at 12:52 PM.

What about the payware vendors....(what few are left) New routes coming out all the time for other Railsim games. Is MSTS really that dead?

I'm currently working on a Florida-based route that will include in the first release, the FEC between Miami and Port St. Lucie, FL, the CSX Miami & Auburndale subs as far as the Highlands/Polk County line just north of Avon Park, and the USSC (ex-SCFE) line from the CSX interchange next to the Sebring Amtrak to the FEC interchange in Port St. Lucie via Moore Haven, Clewiston, & Port Mayaca with the branch to Belle Glade. Route is DEMed scenery is at <1%, track is at about 40%.

Chicagoland from the South Union Station Concourse as far east (eventually) as South Bend Amtrak, CSS&SB RR, haven't decided how far south yet, but will contain the Metra Electric Division, and will eventually include all lines from the South Concourse of Chicago Union Station. Currently has the BNSF "Racetrack" as far as EOLA yard (in progress) and will eventually expand as far west as Ft. Madison, IA (BNSF) Quincy, IL (BNSF) & Burlington, IA (BNSF) so as to include a considerable portion of Amtrak's Southwest Chief, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Illinois Zephyr/Carl Sandburg, Metra southern services, and a large freight operation. Route is also DEMed and scenery is present sporadically between Chicago & EOLA yard and is limited to a few trackside structures that have rail access & Station scenery. Downtown Chicago east of Cicero Yard is at about 27% scenery.
    Last edited by eolesen; 03-31-2015 at 12:52 PM.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

39. Uintah. Track, DEMS, low res SFRT done. Begun from Doug Jones previous work on Baxter to Atchee.
    40. Copper Canyon, Mexico. Creel to Temoris section. Track, DEMS, low res SFRT done. Help with curved concrete bridges wanted.
    41. Old narrow gauge route from Thompson Springs to Grand Junction via Whitehouse. Includes Ballard&Thompson (Sego Branch) and Little Book Cliff-Grand Junction. DEMS & Markers only. Available for anyone interested in laying a lot of ng, and running ng coal trains.

Progress for 39 & 40 slow but steady. 39 has some mosaic-ing and a lot of object placing to go. Work on 40 stopped as I suspect someone at trensim may be constructing this route.

EDIT. I have started a new route outside the US - the Peru Central from Chosica to La Oroya. I devised a workaround to deal with the height limit of the MSTS1 Route Editor.
    Last edited by timothyskinner; 02-18-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: updateAug2015; update Feb2017

Quote Originally Posted by apco25 View Post
    Nice to see more work being done on the Chicago area. While I have moved to AZ recently, chicagoland is home and it would be great to see an accurate route evolve from this area. I and Neil have done plenty of route modding to get the look and feel of the Chicago area recently and would welcome and accurate route.
    The forums at this link should allow guests to read/view posts on the Goose Island route.
    Last edited by eolesen; 03-31-2015 at 12:54 PM.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

42. I'm currently working on the Worchester, Nashua and Portland Division of the Boston and Maine. Track work is done and is being Beta tested. Scenery is about 55% complete. It should be finished by early Spring, 2015.

Timothy,

Here is the data that was given to me relative to routes in Brazil and some comments about it. You might check these sites out.

J. H. Sullivan
    (aka landnrailroader)

So you can get your DEM's from a couple of places, both hosting Spaceshuttle Radar Topography Mission data.

These are one degree "squares" by Lat/Long.
    http://dds.cr.usgs.gov/srtm/version2...South_America/

[THIS ONE APPEARS TO HAVE DIED, THE LINK NO LONGER WORKS]

Another place.
    http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/
    [THIS LINK WORKS]

The CGIAR site is interesting for a couple of reasons, but there are some minor drawbacks. You'll have to register, and downloads are slow. Perhaps the downloads are slow because of size. Registration is quick; I just claimed to be a member of the General Public and was playing around with my hobby of generating terrain for the MSTS Train Simulator.

A benefit: "The SRTM digital elevation data provided on this site has been processed to fill data voids, and to facilitate it's ease of use by a wide group of potential users."

I can't load the ASCII data into either DEMEX or MicroDEM. DEMEX has always read GeoTIFF data from the USGS Seamless site, but will not from this site. However I have been successful in using MicroDEM to convert this "brand" of GeoTiff to ASCII XYZ triplets which DEMEX likes.

regards,
    charlie
    Last edited by landnrailroader; 10-19-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    I'll look back at my materials and see where those DEMS came from and as I recall they had them for the whole of S. America.
    Jerry, It's been a while since I tested the links in this post.
    http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...=srtm#p1271862

The primary links for Space Shuttle Radar Topography DEM's would be here.
    http://dds.cr.usgs.gov/srtm/version2_1/SRTM3/
    http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/

regards,
    charlie

43. The Norfolk Southern/Conrail Shared Assets Detroit Line, as far north as Detroit Amtrak and as far south as just past the Maumee River in Toledo, setting late 2010-present. No tracks currently. Paralleling Canadian National tracks will also be included.

Cool Bucket List work

Colleagues,

A quick one before bed-time. I have the track completed on four routes:

03. the 2nd Sub. of the Milwaukee Road Coast Div.,
    20. San Luis & Rio Grande (with tourist trap NG over Laveta Pass),
    44. Stevens Pass (all three routes over it)
    02. Big Sandy Sub South.
    45. I just started a rehash of my original Kingsport Sub. (Clinchfield) which I did in 2002, my first (and worst) effort.

It will be all new except that I am using the Elkhorn City Yard from the Big Sandy South, and Erwin, TN yard from the original. Probably also Kingsport Yard. However, when I brought in Erwin, the first thing I did was eliminate A LOT of dynamic track which will be replaced with various pieces of X-tracks. The mainline will use Mtracks and Xtracks for more accurate curves and turnouts. I also have the latest signal charts so I can put the intermediates in correctly. I intend to include all of the spurs and branches of the original, but will likely also put in event markers.

For example if you try to switch either of the coal spurs at Dante, a sign might pop up and say -- there was no track here after 1950, continue at your own risk-----. I am also working on talking defect detectors, but it will have to be my own voice on them or maybe my wife, you know, nice sexy voice gets more attention, like was used on the B-58 Hustler years ago.

Jerry Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)
    Last edited by eolesen; 03-31-2015 at 12:58 PM.