Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What US routes are underway

Gosh, Jerry, you have a lot on your plate.

I think I've completed all of the track in my "Cripple Creek Railroads" route. The last of it was D&RG dual gauge and ATSF standard gauge between Florence and Canon City, both of which interact with the Florence and Cripple Creek. Now I'm cutting the Arkansas River down there.

EDIT: Will be available Nov. 23, 2015.
    Last edited by dwkarch; 11-22-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Don Karch Cripple Creek Railroads Route (CS&CCD, MT, F&CC)
    Rollins Pass/Moffat Tunnel Route V5 (Denver to Craig and Glenwood Springs)
    D&RGW Glenwood Spgs-Grand Jct Route and Colorado Joint Line, Denver-Pueblo
    C&S Narrow Gauge South Park Line/Colorado Midland SG/D&RG NG and SG

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by dwkarch View Post
    Gosh, Jerry, you have a lot on your plate.

I think I've completed all of the track in my "Cripple Creek Railroads" route. The last of it was D&RG dual gauge and ATSF standard gauge between Florence and Canon City, both of which interact with the Florence and Cripple Creek. Now I'm cutting the Arkansas River down there.
    Don,

You have done a great historical work with those routes. I particularly enjoy running over Rollins Pass. While on our vacation
    trip to the CATS, Silverton, and SLRG this past Sept., at the gift shop at Great Sand Dunes NM, I picked up a copy of the
    book covering the career of "Doc Suzy". Very interesting. I have the Moffat Road book that Bollinger put out several years ago
    and knew who she was, but the complete story is amazing. I look forward to your Cripple Creek roads - did you think about
    including the Colorado Springs &CC District as well? Back in 1949, my folks took me to the Chicago RR Fair and I remember
    that the narrow gage train that took you from the parking lot to the display area was a real D&RG or RGS engine which was
    renamed "Cripple Creek & Tin Cup RR". It shuttled back and forth on about a mile of track. The F&CC has fascinated me
    ever since.

Yeah, I got a lot, and some may never be finished. At 76, I'm still peddling along but not as fast as once before.

Jerry Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

A gentle reminder -- this is for routes already under construction.

Please don't list vaporware or routes you'd like to see but have no intention of building yourself...

Hi Jerry,

The route was originally going to be just the CS&CCD, with required interaction with the other Cripple Creek railroads, but it got expanded and renamed. All of CS&CCD, all of the F&CC, and all of the Midland Terminal, but excluding the MT's use of Colorado Midland between Colorado Springs and Divide. I'll also be providing trains for each, including the CS&CC trolleys.

Here are rough unfinished and not yet named maps:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dwkarch; 04-05-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Don Karch Cripple Creek Railroads Route (CS&CCD, MT, F&CC)
    Rollins Pass/Moffat Tunnel Route V5 (Denver to Craig and Glenwood Springs)
    D&RGW Glenwood Spgs-Grand Jct Route and Colorado Joint Line, Denver-Pueblo
    C&S Narrow Gauge South Park Line/Colorado Midland SG/D&RG NG and SG

Hi Folks,

Been a fan of the old Clinchfield since the MR project layout on the same... Would nice to see it improved with current techniques...

Just an OBTW - ORTS just made activity "Events" capable of playing sounds - which seems like a perfect match for custom Defect Detectors...

Regards,
    Scott

As Don and others may know, a number of western movie railroad scenes were done on the Silverton. When we rode that one, they
    told us that the cut just north of Rockwood, where the line enters the Animas Canyon, was where many scenes were shot that
    picture someone (either bad or good guy) jumping onto the top of a moving train. You could easily understand that a stunt person
    in reasonably good shape could do this, the top of the cars was probably 5 or 6 feet below the top of the cut walls, and there was
    barely 12' clearlance on either side.

Jerry Sullivan

It is a shame Vince, but this is shutting us MSTS-1 users out by just making the 1950's LIRR a great railroad only in Open Rails
    Doug

To my original list, I will now add:

Milwaukee Road, Coast Division, First Sub. - started and nearly finished by Simon Van de Laak, now he has
    given it to me to finish.

Virginian from Mullens East - started some years ago, and progressed by Simon Van de Laak, now he has given
    it to me to finish. I decided to make it more complete. His original concept would have been the movement
    of coal (lots of it) from Mullens yard to somewhere near Roanoke. I am in the process of doing the mainline
    west of Mullins to Deep Water, WV (where it connected with the NYC) and adding the N&W from Ingleside
    to Roanoke. Simon had the N&W in place around Glen Lynn, and he has done some of the really fascinating
    viaducts.

Omura Line from Sasebo to Nagasaki, Japan. Terrain and trackwork complete. Signal development in progress.

Oops, just noticed the title of the post, "US routes."
    Last edited by jefffarq; 10-29-2015 at 12:44 PM.
    Jeff

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool.

If any interest in Canadian routes I have completed 100% of the track for the cp and cn Thompson subs - North Kamloopss to Boston Bar
    CP Kamloops to North Bend in BC (Thompson and Fraser Cayons and am now working on the roads.

Hey, I am 77 and claim oldest msts developer still developing as started a few weeks after it was first released and rember with fondness trying to cross the Maries Pass. With 2 locos flat out, a good run up and you might make it!