Thread: Objects in SIM may appear larger than normal

Default Objects in SIM may appear larger than normal

BNSF Scenic Foss River Bridge.jpgHello, I am running into this issue at every trestle along BNSF Scenic. This show is at the Foss River Bridge trestle, where the trestle bents come up up and away through the bridges and through the train.

This is the only issue I am having, running in Open Rails and with all the activities at the same places.

Is there somethng wrong with the "S" file? for the trestles? I have not made any modifications to any bridges or trestles.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    BNSF Scenic Foss River Bridge.jpgHello, I am running into this issue at every trestle along BNSF Scenic. This show is at the Foss River Bridge trestle, where the trestle bents come up up and away through the bridges and through the train.

This is the only issue I am having, running in Open Rails and with all the activities at the same places.

Is there somethng wrong with the "S" file? for the trestles? I have not made any modifications to any bridges or trestles.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Is this occurring in MSTS or ORTS? From your post it sounds like it is just in ORTS. If that is the case this thread needs to be moved to an ORTS sub-forum.
    Charles

It is an open rails issue. See this thread.

http://www.streamlines.ca/phpBB3/vie....php?f=6&t=406

Thank you, I will try this solution.

I looked at the SLI thread, did what it said to do and I still have the same issue.

Any other suggestions? Could it be the way the trestles are presented in OR that is the problem?

See the attached pic of my OR screen. Maybe someone here has a solution??

OR Correction.jpg
    Last edited by Don6218; 10-10-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Your original question is valid; there is something wrong with the shape file. It has botched up LODs.
    If you know how to hack S files, find the file trestle_support.s and get rid of the LODs.

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    Your original question is valid; there is something wrong with the shape file. It has botched up LODs.
    If you know how to hack S files, find the file trestle_support.s and get rid of the LODs.
    Easily done with the utility ShapeFileManager;
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Default Sfm

Us this the area to do that?

Which digit(s) get changed?

Trestle1.jpg

There are actually two distance levels in the shape file, and the first one is the problem. I use Archibald for that type of work because it is an easier tool to use.

Using SFM, first save a copy of the s file to fall back on if it all goes pear shaped.

Now, change the number of distance_levels to 1 then below that remove the complete first distance level section. That is everything starting at distance_level_header ( down to but not including distance_level (
    Last edited by baldwin; 10-13-2014 at 07:02 AM.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.