Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECML London to Peterborough.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post

Can't explain the wind whistling - have you checked your sound card drivers are up to date?
    The wind is a DTG bug.. Or feature.. Who knows but it's definitely there.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFoxx View Post
    Thank you for that Flybyme, I have registered with uktrainsim for addition information/feedback, however, are you saying that because I am from the UK, this site is not as suitable?
    No I'm not. I belong to both, but far as I know UKTS is probably the biggest TS site in the English speaking world for TS2015.

As for the wind noise I didn't hear it.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

This fix for excessive wind speed was posted by SteamSoundsSupreme:

Some of you may have noticed that CJB particles, as featured on our enhancement packs and some sound packs, are interacting in a funny way with the new 3D weather. What I have discovered is that the wind speed is drastically higher than in the old weather. This makes Chris' particles get blown incredible distances from the loco, even on a clear day!! To improve this, go to:

'Kuju\RailSimulatorCore\Weather' and open all the .bin files prefaced with SL_. There should be 7 in all. Find the following line:

<WindSpeed d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="000000000000E03F" drecision="string">0.5000</WindSpeed>

The number in the space between "string">_____</WindSpeed> needs to be reduced to around the 0.5 to 1 range for clear, light breeze conditions. And no more than 2 for windy conditions. And a maximum of 5 for stormy. These are just my early experiments. What effect, if any, this has on cloud movement, I do not know. But I simply could not live with it as it was!

I thought the UK was a little more windy than usual.....

Daniel

Alrighty.. Wind fixes applied.. Thanks for that. lol @ the defaults they had set.. *smh*...

That's it! I knew I had seen it somewhere. Thanks dpgibbons.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgibbons View Post
    Thanks for that, I have 25 in some of my files.