Thread: Automated Announcements?

Default Automated Announcements?

Hiya,

Does anyone know of a program that gives you access to automatic announcements, either on the train or the platform, and preferably for the London to Brighton or Portsmouth Direct Line routes? I'd just love that extra bit of realism!

Cheers,

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by playkeys View Post
    Does anyone know of a program that gives you access to automatic announcements, either on the train or the platform, and preferably for the London to Brighton or Portsmouth Direct Line routes? I'd just love that extra bit of realism!
    Even if there were one supplying sound tracks of such announcements it would require a lot of expertise and special audio programs to convert them so that TS-2015 can play them.

There are a few such repetitive announcements sound sources which are already being used by some routes, but DTG is now making it difficult to make changes to its files to stop users messing with them !

Okay! I have work experience up at Canary Wharf in a weeks time, so I might try and get all the announcements between London and Brighton and put them on my soundboard!

Quote Originally Posted by playkeys View Post
    Okay! I have work experience up at Canary Wharf in a weeks time, so I might try and get all the announcements between London and Brighton and put them on my soundboard!
    You can record them on a portable audio recorder while travelling in the train but must then convert their individual sound tracks to an audio file format TS-2015 can play.

You must then add them to the loco / DMU / EMU files so that they play when it is running or has stopped at stations and that is the most difficult part, TS-2015 files having been protected by 7-Zip archived AP files, which interfered with will be overwritten by a Steam Verify Cache or another TS-2015 Update !