Thread: TS12 Welsh Highland / Ffestiniog WIP

Default TS12 Welsh Highland / Ffestiniog WIP

Few Screenshots if anyone is interested.

That is looking excellent Malc, looking forward to driving it. Plus the assets you have created and shared with the community are already being put to use in other routes.

Long live the narrow gauge!

Malc - quick question which grass (foliage) assets are those as they blend in nicely with your ground textures?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Malc - quick question which grass (foliage) assets are those as they blend in nicely with your ground textures?
    From the screenshots it will be these.

JVC (S11) Grass 'R' 1m kuid:328583:10229 the yellowish one
    JVC (S11) Grass 'O' 1m kuid 328583:10226 shorter green grass

Most of Jankvis's S11 ones seem to work reasonably well, Spline versions not so well though which is a shame.

Another one I use a lot, not in those shots for tall weed type stuff is Artemisia 1 and 2 builtins by Robertoconti19

Thanks Malc.

Now, a quick "gimmie" request! Have you any plans to add a narrow gauge track section to your collection, which includes built in tunnel walls? This is one item we lack in the narrow gauge area and while you can get away with using the UK SG stone portals and wall splines for simple tunnels of one section, this system doesn't work so well where you have to construct the tunnel from more than one spline.

They would be a useful addition if you decided to produce some.

Got one portal plus walls, actually it's Garnedd Tunnel, done as a trackside asset, saves all the faffing around getting the thing lined up not entirely happy with the archway texturing, that needs redoing. I also have NG24 Tunnel linings, problem is the tunnels have lower roof's than normal so the flipping tracking camera goes over the top and misses the actual tunnel haven't found a way to fix that yet, obviously it's fine in cab mode. That one is easy enough to reskin the rock as Grass or whatever.

Examples:

Revised Garnedd Tunnel

That's looking really good Malc. For the moment, the route I'm working on I've gone with the UK portals, your tunnel track and carefully matched the wall sections to the spline heights of the curved section track splines. It looks okay but not perfect. Of course strictly speaking, I don't think the Ohrid line had any tunnels but it was the only way to overcome the terrain at that point without a major realignment exercise.