Thread: Small problem with sli_cp_es44ac.zip

Default Small problem with sli_cp_es44ac.zip

I ran into an issue with the install of these files. After uncompressing the files for modifying with SFM, they would not recompress, it came up with an error. I tried uncompressing the files of the next engine, but did no modification to the file and it would not recompress either.

I went ahead and uncompressed all the files and made the necessary changes but left them uncompressed. To the rescue was good old Route Righter!! I used the compress option, after reading how to use it, and everything is now compressed properly and the units are all happy.

Just in case some other noobies have the same issue, we all know how they hate to read and follow directions!

Thank you SO MUCH for figuring that out...

I tried all sorts of programs SFM, ShapeShifter, even Shape Fixer, when I created my Fictional D&H ES44AC units, a week ago, and I was unable to set those up into one folder like I prefer to do, due to that Re-Compression problem.

Not sure why I have only had troubles with the SLI CP Mactier ES44AC shapes. I have had no troubles with any other SLI Shapes.

I have NOT downloaded the sli_cp_es44ac.zip yet, but it is on my list to get.

All that information will help in the future, when we don't have someone else's Read Me in front of us..
    Last edited by MCDemuth; 10-22-2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Clarification Of Other Uses To Abusive Members
    Yardmaster of the Great American Moose Paint Shops.
    a Moose Interchange Rail Company division.
    http://mjrmstsrepaints.proboards.com
    TTFN!

A stated in the read-me file:

Known Issues:

- Shape File Manager (SFM) is unable to compress these shape files. It's been found that RouteRiter and Zipper are however able to compress the files.

Aside from what is mentioned in there, you can use Archibald to re-compress them.
    Last edited by qballbandit; 10-22-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

As Neil has stated, this was made referenced to three times within the readme file that was included in the download. To compress these file, use RouteRiter or Zipper/Archibald (tk_utils.zip).
    Last edited by CP9524; 10-22-2014 at 11:59 PM.

IF using Shape File Manager, uncompress file, then select WordPad Edit Shape. Once shape file is opened, use Ctrl F and type in "[", without the quotes. There is a [ in a prim_state section. Remove this [, save change, then compress file.

Note: This [ appears in several shape files from SLI. This is similar to the problem with their caboose shape file some time ago.
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

Thanks Glenn! That will go in my notes for sure
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

It is amazing the difference one little "[" can make. I find Route Righter easy to use and have enough crap in my computer without adding more operation programs that I only use once in a blue moon. Don't get me wrong, all these programs have their place, I don't do a lot of modifying of files, so the programs I have suit my use.

The models look great! By the way.

Quote Originally Posted by bandorr2000 View Post
    IF using Shape File Manager, uncompress file, then select WordPad Edit Shape. Once shape file is opened, use Ctrl F and type in "[", without the quotes. There is a [ in a prim_state section. Remove this [, save change, then compress file.

Note: This [ appears in several shape files from SLI. This is similar to the problem with their caboose shape file some time ago.
    Thanks for providing this solution Glenn!

I've also found that the NS Heritage Set experiences this problem.

Thank you all for the heads up!!